Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4617 - Camping Show

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4617 - Camping Show
HBO Premiere: Saturday April 30, 2016
PBS Premiere: Monday March 13, 2017

Elmo and Chris go camping in the woods near Sesame Street to relax and meet some new friends. Also featuring Murray Has a Little Lamb-Science and Nature School and Elmo's World-Flowers, Plants and Trees. Brought to you by the letter N and the number 16.

This street story is originally from Season 40, Episode 4202.

If you saw "Camping Show" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The cold open with Grover getting scared by a bear was funny. Next week will be something to look forward to, cause we're gonna see lots of Muppets' moms.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This street story is originally from Season 40, Episode 4202.
I was wondering if this was new, or another repeat.

Either way, it was a fun and amusing story, and I enjoyed seeing Chris growing increasingly exasperated as more and more animals were invited to dinner by Elmo, prompting him to have to serve them as he would any other customers at Hooper's.

Are we going to get anymore Smart Cookies? It'd be nice if there was a little more balance with the rotation, because it feels like it's been a while since we last had a Smart Cookies, yet we've been getting plenty of Murray Has a Little Lamb.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There's a new Smart Cookies next week.

I feel like this show was generous, as we got not only a segment for both the letter and number of the day, but TWO letter segments!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That I can agree with, but as a result, this episode's EW felt like it was perhaps cut and butchered the most I've seen thus far. Not that that really matters, it was nice to get a little more out of Letter of the Day - both the film with the mother and son taking a walk through the Australian rain forest, and the summer night animation were wonderful; the latter of which I was especially impressed with, as the sound mixing sounded very much like a typical summer night down here, sans the annoying cicadas.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Wait. The Two-Headed Monster's mother has two heads but just one body, doesn't that make them sisters, thus making her the Two Headed Monster's mother and aunt at the same time. And the Two Headed Monster would be brothers but also cousins.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's a new Smart Cookies next week.

I feel like this show was generous, as we got not only a segment for both the letter and number of the day, but TWO letter segments!
I was going to be all like, eeehhhhhh I'm glad I don't have HBO this week. While far from the worst of the Nature Guessing Game episodes from season 40, Chris carried this one. If he didn't get so flustered, it wouldn't have been remotely memorable. But seeing as there was a new Smart Cookies and actually having time for the alphabet/reading segments instead of a film that sort of fits in with the letter of the day? Wow. Didn't see that. At least not all of these reused episodes are write offs.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Wait. The Two-Headed Monster's mother has two heads but just one body, doesn't that make them sisters, thus making her the Two Headed Monster's mother and aunt at the same time. And the Two Headed Monster would be brothers but also cousins.
The Two-Headed Monster's mom is actually (dun dun dunnnnnnn) Telly in drag!

And we have yet another version of Grover's mother. Will we ever see Grover's mysterious father, though?