The Muppets nominated for KCA

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Been saying that for years. Now, I love Spongebob and everything, but it's not even the best cartoon on the network, even currently (there's at least general consensus that Harvey Beaks and TMNT are well done shows). I am by no means surprised that kids who watch the network and vote on the network's shows would hand the award over to the thing that they play pretty much anytime there isn't a preschool show or tween-com on. Though you'd think if that's the case, Alvin and the Chipmunks would probably have won.

So, the Muppets winning the award...uh.....Kudos I think? At least it means someone's watching, I guess? I agree with the sentiment that they went out of their way to make the Muppets look like a kiddy franchise by shoehorning in some uncomfortable humor, only for it to get grand acclaim at an awards show for those 13 years and younger. It was getting a little more family friendly about halfway through, you can't deny that. Still, they wanted this show to be their big TV comeback by not trying to look like that one kiddy show on the network's prime time line up. Not that I couldn't see kids watching it, though.
These were the nominees.

The Muppets
Winner
The Big Bang Theory
Nominee
Once Upon a Time
Nominee
Modern Family
Nominee
The Flash
Nominee
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Nominee

I'm glad it beat out The Big Bang Theory, and none of those shows are exactly kiddy.

C to the J

Reaction score
I'm definitely relieved The Muppets won. It's the only comedy show I watch on ABC, as it keeps particular content, language, and dialogue to a minimum, unlike ABC's other shows.

As for cartoons, I have an idea of what Nick could try. They could throw Spongebob and maybe Patrick in the other Nicktoons as guests so those shows could mooch off their popularity. Sure, it's a pathetic idea, but how else can you increase viewership if the sponge isn't around?

GonzoLover726

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't believe Spongebob won again, well I can but, yeah i've suspected that it's been rigged for a long time. I mean come on, The Thundermans won for favorite series,REALLY?!? Okay granted the other shows that were nominated were not the best shows in the world but still,I find Girl Meets World and Henry Danger to be much better shows. The Thundermans seems to have very little effort put into it at all.
Yeah I haven't actually watched it in years. I have just checked the winners afterwards.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
First of all, I don't watch KCA anymore. Because I'm too old for it and Nickelodeon is completely dead to me, for now.

Second of all, I am sick and tired of these stupid kids voting for the same Spongebob show over and over and over and over and over. Gravity Falls should of won, because that was Disney's best cartoon ever! But, noooooooo, these kids want Spongebob to win. I bet those Nickelodeon executives bribe those kids to vote for Spongebob so they can keep him on Nick forever. That's why Nickelodeon is dead to me. I don't care if Nick is still struggling with their cartoons. This idiotic Spongebob madness has to stop. NOW!:mad:

Third of all, however, I'm glad The Muppets win the KCA. That was a pleasant surprise.:smile: I bet this will persuade ABC to give The Muppets a second, but this time do it either on Thursday or Friday if it's renewed to the second season.

Drtooth

Reaction score
These were the nominees.

The Muppets
Winner
The Big Bang Theory
Nominee
Once Upon a Time
Nominee
Modern Family
Nominee
The Flash
Nominee
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Nominee

I'm glad it beat out The Big Bang Theory, and none of those shows are exactly kiddy.
Well, I can see SHIELD and The Flash on the merits of them being super hero related. I'm sure Once Upon a Time's audience is only tweenage girls, so that gets a pas. But I like how another thread said something about Kids not liking or relating to The Muppets, and the series beat out more popular shows for this award. SOMEONE is watching.

Second of all, I am sick and tired of these stupid kids voting for the same Spongebob show over and over and over and over and over. Gravity Falls should of won, because that was Disney's best cartoon ever! But, noooooooo, these kids want Spongebob to win. I bet those Nickelodeon executives bribe those kids to vote for Spongebob so they can keep him on Nick forever. That's why Nickelodeon is dead to me. I don't care if Nick is still struggling with their cartoons. This idiotic Spongebob madness has to stop. NOW!
I bet Gravity Falls won an actual award. Maybe an Annie or something. While it is great that The Muppets one this thing, it's not really something prestigious. It's like the awful Teen Choice Awards, but for kids and slightly less pointless.

Somehow I don't think executives exactly bribe the kids to vote for Spongebob since, let's face it, kids like Spongebob. They don't remember it being on forever, the younger ones probably don't care about which season is great and which is terrible. The show's on half the day, but not without reason. It's not like one of their awful internet based shows no one liked, watched, or cared about and yet have shoved down their faces. The answer to why he constantly wins is simple. Kids that watch Nick are the kids that vote for Nick awards. Though if it was on the merits of being a Nick how, TMNT and Harvey Beaks are there too. They're far better, and TMNT has almost as much merchandise as Spongebob.

tedbear

Reaction score
Well, I can see SHIELD and The Flash on the merits of them being super hero related. I'm sure Once Upon a Time's audience is only tweenage girls, so that gets a pas. But I like how another thread said something about Kids not liking or relating to The Muppets, and the series beat out more popular shows for this award. SOMEONE is watching.

I bet Gravity Falls won an actual award. Maybe an Annie or something. While it is great that The Muppets one this thing, it's not really something prestigious. It's like the awful Teen Choice Awards, but for kids and slightly less pointless.

Somehow I don't think executives exactly bribe the kids to vote for Spongebob since, let's face it, kids like Spongebob. They don't remember it being on forever, the younger ones probably don't care about which season is great and which is terrible. The show's on half the day, but not without reason. It's not like one of their awful internet based shows no one liked, watched, or cared about and yet have shoved down their faces. The answer to why he constantly wins is simple. Kids that watch Nick are the kids that vote for Nick awards. Though if it was on the merits of being a Nick how, TMNT and Harvey Beaks are there too. They're far better, and TMNT has almost as much merchandise as Spongebob.
Now that you mention it, Gravity Falls I think did win a BAFTA recently. And just last year, it did win a Annie.

Barley any kids watch Nick these days to be honest though. And I'm certain the ones that do watch Nick are aware that there are other channels, so it doesn't necessarily mean that every kid that watches Nick has to vote for their shows.