Desert Delay

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
*Reminds Gina that this story is still left for her to finish.
*Leaves some number 4 cookies for her to munch on while posting.
Yes yes, hence why I'm in here. I had to remember what I wrote. Hopefully this weekend, you'll get a double dose of fics!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Promises promises, huh. No worries, as soon as you can post I'll come in to read. :smile:

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Alright folks! It was a long time coming, but here is your conclusion to this epic! Counters, my Counters, if you could put this into the Muppets general pile for me, that would be awesome!

Six months later

The awards banquet had been a success, if he was honest with himself. Never liking these types of dinners and parade shows, Kermit couldn’t lie – he had enjoyed himself immensely and it all had to do with the date he had on his arm that evening.

It had come as probably a surprise to both of them when Piggy had asked Kermit to accompany her to this little award ceremony; it was a huge event, but big enough to get in the local Hollywood talent and roll out the red carpet. She had received her invitation two months earlier and had only invited him a scant month ago; however, for the two of them, it had been six months of growing fondness and attraction that they were hard pressed to deny.

It had taken six months after Kermit’s heartfelt breakup with Denise before they had gotten to this point; actually, the frog had reached this point four months before, during dinner with Piggy. It hadn’t been anything special, just an excuse to come over and see her really and certainly, it wasn’t the first time they had gone over and had dinner with each other. But for Kermit, that night had been the turning point, for him at least. Dinner with Piggy had usually been a pleasant endeavor - unless they were truly upset with one another – and this dinner held a nice and relaxing atmosphere to everything.

Her night terrors hadn’t reoccurred for months, though attending the funeral for the pilots had been a bit difficult, as had that first show with all the other survivors in attendance. Kermit hadn’t thought anything of it when one of those passengers – a Miss Ruby Davis, he recalled – had asked to say some words during the broadcast; Yolanda had mentioned it to him and he had agreed. He of course didn’t know the emotion behind it until the Whatnot had relayed, on live television, that Piggy and Fozzie had been God sends when their plane had gone down and while they had waited for rescue.

No one, other than those involved, had known what had happened on that flight, with both Piggy and Fozzie being closed lipped about it, so hearing how their diva had pretty much rallied the troops into not panicking – including Fozzie – and how their comic had kept everyone’s hopes up while they waited for rescue had been…not a surprise really, because of course that’s what the two of them would do, more of a surprising revelation. If Kermit hadn’t been hooked on the pig before, he totally was now.

That dinner had been the culmination of that – with a nice meal and a good deal of wine, the frog had asked her to dance when a slower song had popped on. Not being much of a radio listener, Kermit had never heard of it – a duet by Meghan Trainor and John Legend – but it was a song that not only touched his heart, but was perfect for what he had been feeling these past few months. The song spoke of loving someone as though you would lose them and the frog knew that wholeheartedly; he had nearly lost Piggy, forever, and the fact that he stood, swaying with her in his arms while in her living room, was a testament to the fact that he may never have gotten this chance if it wasn’t for the powers that be.

Gonzo had been honest with him those weeks ago, that he wasn’t the type of Muppet who didn’t show the woman he loved that he indeed loved her; Camilla Clucks had been and probably would be the only chicken Gonzo would ever love and while the stunt weirdo had seemed fine and carefree after their breakup, his closest friends knew, deep down, that had been a brutal blow to someone who passed themselves off as a great lover of women. And while Kermit knew Gonzo wasn’t as in love with Piggy as he had been with Camilla, if the weirdo had been the diva’s beau, she’d never have to wonder what his feelings were.

But with Kermit…Piggy always wondered, even if she said anything to the contrary.

And Kermit didn’t want her to wonder anymore.

Those lyrics hit him hard, causing him to look at Piggy in a new light; he always thought her softer than her personality dictated. Miss Piggy was just a persona, Piggy Lee was the person under all that armor and that was the person Kermit had fallen madly in love with the first time and this second time was no different; Miss Piggy was just the name of the more dominate feelings that Piggy carried around with her – her determination, her confidence, her sex appeal…but all of that was just Piggy Lee putting on the mask.

And looking at her now, the way her blue eyes always seemed to shine when she gazed at him, that familiar pull to her…he couldn’t help but kiss her.

In hindsight, he shouldn’t have done so, just recently out of a relationship, but how could he not when it was all he could think about for weeks. Ironically, it was Piggy who had put the brakes on things, telling him that she wasn’t sure they were in a place to start things anew. She needed time. And then Kermit said and did something he had never done before –

“Okay,” he whispered. “I’ll wait for you. You’ve always waited for me to figure out myself and everything around me; it’s about time I return the favor.”

Kermit the Frog let Miss Piggy steer the direction of their relationship.

For the frog who hated giving up his control, especially with her, it was the biggest step of trust he had probably ever shown her; if she wanted to take the time to rethink where he stood in her life – even if it meant that he no longer stood a chance with her – he would give her that, he owed it to her. So he did. They still did the show, still did lunch and dinners on occasion, even the random breakfast; they were, essentially, friends, the very thing they hadn’t really been while they had dated.

And as friends, Kermit didn’t think he’d ever been as close to her as he was now. The walls Piggy usually put up around the others had always been lowered for him, but he didn’t think as much as they were now; now, there didn’t seem to any walls between them. It was what it should have always been, from the beginning. All he knew was that he was more in love with her now than ever. So he waited.

And now, six months later, he was returning with Piggy from some award ceremony that he couldn’t remember ever having such a good time with her. He had pulled out all the stops that night – dinner beforehand and then arranging their limo, as well as their seats for the banquet. Afterwards, their limo had pulled into Piggy’s driveway, allowing the couple to exit, smiles and laughter, as Kermit walked Piggy to her door. “This…has been an incredible night,” he said, standing next to her.

“And you thought you weren’t gonna have any fun,” she quipped, sending him a small smile.

“I never should doubt,” he whispered, looking her in the eye. “I always have fun with you.”

Piggy couldn’t stop the blush that appeared on her cheeks. This new attentive Kermit was fifty percent part attractive and fifty percent unnerving, but it was definitely a change of pace from what he normally did. The last few months between them had been simple and easy and probably the most fun they had ever had together; she couldn’t help the feelings that reignited in spending time with him, reminding her of their time together. Which was why, when he had kissed her a few months back, she had put a stop to it.

It wasn’t just to protect her – heaven knew she wasn’t about to get her heart broken again by him – but she was protecting him; he had just broken up with Denise and quite frankly, Piggy wasn’t about to be the frog’s rebound girlfriend. If he wanted her, he was going to have to prove it.

And when Kermit the Frog was issued a challenge…

And here they stood, outside of her door, after a wonderful and romantic night…

Kermit wasn’t going to let this night be wasted. “Miss Piggy,” he said, taking both her hands in his and taking a few steps towards. “Do you think it’s possible for two people to go back in time? Fix a mistake they’ve made?” He looked at her so honestly, so truthfully, she couldn’t help but soften her features further.

“It depends on the mistake,” she whispered.

Taking a step closer, he asked, “What if I made a mistake? Is there…is there way I could ever possibly fix it?”

“What exactly are you asking me, Kermit?”

“I’m wondering…” he began, taking a gulp before leaning in and delivering a kiss to her lips. “Let me show you I can be the frog you need me to be. I love you, Piggy. I’ve always loved you and I always will; there will never be another woman for me. And I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to realize it.”

“I’m just happy you realized it,” she whispered, leaning in to kiss him.

THE END

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad that this has finally concluded.

Gins, my Gins, I'd love to put this in the FLI. Unfortunately, for some reason, it seems I've maxed out the allotted space. Again. So once all your current fics like 2-Ball and the one regarding Piggy's mom's death are finished, I'll take yours and some other people's fics and create a second shelf post in the main FLI.

BTW: Sent you an email about HVC. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Quick question, do you want this fic's title changed to "Deadly Delay"? Just curious since you refer to it as such in our convos. :wink:

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Quick question, do you want this fic's title changed to "Deadly Delay"? Just curious since you refer to it as such in our convos. :wink:
Ugh, no. It should be Desert Delay. It was early, I only had one cup of coffee, I hadn't eaten...you know, my normal excuses for forgetting the obvious.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, and still we like you Gins. Take it easy girl, update when possible. *Gets ready for Storybrook to go to the underworld tomorrow.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Yes, and still we like you Gins. Take it easy girl, update when possible. *Gets ready for Storybrook to go to the underworld tomorrow.
:flirt: You're a dear, of course. Thought up something new for 2 Ball, so I might work on that this weekend. But first, I must fulfill my duty and update this TNG thing I started.