The Muppets SPOILER Thread

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I have to be honest, I really don't like they way they're handling Fozzie in this series. The first few episodes he was tolerable, but eventually he just became plain mean and really stupid. The new writers need to realize that Fozzie isn't just a bear that tells bad jokes. That's not his shtick. What Fozzie does, is he tries to tell the best jokes he can and all he wants are some people to find him funny. He at least tries to tell good jokes, and when he does tell a bad one, he realizes how bad it was. He also never used to attack other people just for a laugh (I'm talking about how he made fun of Becky's sweating. Where did that even come from?).

I think for multiple characters (Fozzie mainly, and to some extent Scooter, even though I love how he's being handled) the writers need to realize that they have more than just one defining trait. Fozzie isn't just a bad comedian. Scooter isn't just a mamma's boy (he never was ... But I'm fine with him being a little bit of one). The Electric Mayhem were never just stoners. Now for some reason every time there's an appearance of Janice, she talks all spiritual and stuff. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that the characters have more personalities than the one they get on the show. Why don't they show other sides to the characters? Why don't they show us more classic character elements, while building upon their existing known characteristics.

I know the writers have the ability to do it. Heck, they've already started to show new sides to Piggy, Kermit and others, while also bringing back some old elements like Scooter being faithful to Kermit, and helping with the show, or in the latest episode, Gonzo relives his daredevil past.

To me, "the muppets." Is an almost perfect show. All they need to do, is make the characters feel like the Muppets again.
You have to cut them some slack, they really don't have much to work with. They haven't had much of a character besides TMS and the first three films. Even something as recent as MMW made Fozzie overly stupid. Most of the 90's films got the characters all wrong. Seriously, Fozzie never was mean and intentionally told bad jokes on this show, he went out and helped Statler out even though he's heckled him for so long, and bought him stuff, and visited him, that's not a mean bear. I don't know about you, but this is the first time they've got Fozzie right since maybe the classic movies, ya this show still has some flaws, but its working on them, I mean TMS season one is almost unwatchable, so at least its an improvement on that, and the 90's movies.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
For people saying they're tired of the Scooter mom jokes, you should remember that all he did in the first season of TMS was his whole my uncle owns the theater shtick.

Muppy

Reaction score
For people saying they're tired of the Scooter mom jokes, you should remember that all he did in the first season of TMS was his whole my uncle owns the theater shtick.
True, but that's kind of different becuase it's not something you would see in every single show on TV. How many shows do you see where a character is reminding everyone that their uncle owns the theater, where as how many shows have a stereotypical mama's boy in their cast?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
True, but the uncle thing was a strength, something he could hold over Kermit. Whereas there's really no dignity in being a Mama's boy character. It just feels like the writers think ridiculing these characters is funny.

Muppy

Reaction score
Single all the Way" review in 3 words ... BEST EPISODE EVER. (and all around amazing Christmas special)

They got everything right. Comedy? Check. Characters acting normal? Check. Musical numbers? Check!! Heartfelt moments? Check. Muppety goodness? CHECK CHECK CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was AMAZING and I really hope that this is the direction the show will be going in, come February.

And if anyone was wondering on the status of Kermit and Piggy by the end of the episode ...
No, but they've planted the seeds to potentially getting back together by the end of the season.
"

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Single all the Way" review in 3 words ... BEST EPISODE EVER. (and all around amazing Christmas special)

They got everything right. Comedy? Check. Characters acting normal? Check. Musical numbers? Check!! Heartfelt moments? Check. Muppety goodness? CHECK CHECK CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was AMAZING and I really hope that this is the direction the show will be going in, come February.

And if anyone was wondering on the status of Kermit and Piggy by the end of the episode ...
No, but they've planted the seeds to potentially getting back together by the end of the season.
"
OOhh,it sounds great! I want to click the spoiler sooooooooo bad but i'll just wait 'til I see the episode :grr:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Though I haven't seen the episode yet, it airs tomorrow, muppet wiki says that
Fozzie and Becky break up. So all we got were 3 episodes with her, was expecting way more screen time.
Can't wait for the christmas installement.

Muppy

Reaction score
Though I haven't seen the episode yet, it airs tomorrow, muppet wiki says that
Fozzie and Becky break up. So all we got were 3 episodes with her, was expecting way more screen time.
Can't wait for the christmas installement.
Becky and him break up (off screen) but they get back together (also offscreen) by the end of the episode

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Awwwww! That episode made me feel all fuzzley inside! The Muppets and Christmas really do go hand in hand, don't they? It was a great way of wrapping the show up for the Christmas break!

I'm really looking forward to writing my little review for this one! All of it will be positive, I can tell you that much!