The Muppets Episode 9 - Going, Going, Gonzo

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Going, Going, Gonzo"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Are you kidding?? Muppet fans deserve a feature length origin story about the true origins of the golden tooth.
Yes! How an insignificant piece of gold became a legend by meeting a crazy green keyboardist. Based on the amazing true story. Now for a title...

"Tooth Be Told"
"Nothing But the Tooth"
"Grumpy Gold Teeth"
"Arsenic and Gold Teeth"

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yes! How an insignificant piece of gold became a legend by meting a crazy green keyboardist. Based on the amazing true story. Now for a title...

"Tooth Be Told"
"Nothing But the Tooth"
"Grumpy Gold Teeth"
"Arsenic and Gold Teeth"
I hardly think those titles would sell as many tickets as:

Tooth Be or Not Tooth Be
You Can't Handle the Tooth
Teething it and Leaving It
Ruthless Toothless
One Tooth Three

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I also want to see a Lips centric episode. It can be a combo centric episode with Lips and Zoot. Imagine the possibilities since Steve and Dave have been playing off each other for years.
How about an episode where Lips and Zoot leave the band to try to make a name for themselves? Meanwhile, the rest of the band gets a couple of replacements - a sax player with a good head on his shoulders and a trumpeteer that randomly shifts from being a loudmouth to the quiet one. Needless to say, they want their buddies back in the band.

I wonder if Lips and Zoot would be able to survive on their own.

Either that, or Animal starting a solo rap career.:halo:

Last edited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This was a great episode.

When the reports said that Animal and David Grohl would compete in a drum-off, I assumed that it would be a subplot, yet it turned out not to be. I expected the two to challenge each other in an early scene, and for it to be brought up a bit, maybe show Animal preparing. And yet it's not mentioned until it happens. But at least The Electric Mayhem ended up being involved in one subplot.

I thought it would be weird for Scooter and Janice to interact, since they have the same voice and same-voice characters typically don't interact. And yet they sound more different interacting than I thought. It seems like David Rudman's Scooter and Janice sound more different from each other than Richard's did. I have noticed recently that Rudman's Janice has a sweetness-quality to her voice that I don't think Richard Hunt gave her. I'll have to rewatch some of David Rudman's pre-2015 performances as Janice to see if he'd always had her sound that way, or if it's a case of a performer sounding different as a character over time.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Can anyone help me? I need some pictures from this episode but any of the ones I need aren't on the Muppet Wiki. I need some HD pics of Gonzo, Janice and Animal all full body. Meaning seeing their whole body even tho you don't see them on like a green screen. But there are some scenes which you see their legs and feet. Could anyone help?

I have even tried (which I record the show on DVD) to capture them from my DVD but I don't have HD on my TV. So none of the pictures will turn out all grainy. I do this for my Youtube channel Videos that do of my reviews of the episodes. That's why I need the pictures.

Yorick

Reaction score
This show has gotten a lot better since the 1st episode...I like it a lot! I especially loved this episode - it featured Gonzo prominently, and when Kermit was glad to have Gonzo back to his old self, that was fantastic. And to see Kermit really show his appreciation for Gonzo was great, too. Like best friends.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Aaaaaand bump.

My review for this one:

I couldn’t stop laughing at this one! While I personally didn’t really care much for the storyline on Gonzo attempting to do his Gonzo the great stunt for Piggy, Scooter trying to act edgy was hilarious, especially when he kept resisting Janice when she tried piercing his ear. I also enjoyed Piggy’s and Joseph’s performance in the cold opening, and I had a good laugh at Gonzo ruining it. Dave Grohl’s performance of “Looking for the Sky to Save Me” at the end was great, and I laughed so hard at him and Animal trying to see who could play drums better.

Excellent episode!