The Muppets Episode 9 - Going, Going, Gonzo

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Going, Going, Gonzo"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
This was a good episode.

Loved how Uncle Deadly and Kermit got Gonzo's stunt approved while Piggy was unconscious from the laser contouring therapy.
The Muppet poker game with JGL and all that sweet Muppet money... Now we know where he got the funding to produce the Fraggle Rock movie.
Gonzo and other Muppets talking about their dreams was fun. Bobo as a Chicago bear, not a part of the football team, just living in Chicago, that made me chuckle just because of all the Chicago-centric folks from the ESPN programs I watch. And Chip wanting to tapdance across America was a nice little throwback to the Muppets innate dreams of making millions of people happy.

Oh, and we got the payoff with Gonzo being shot out of the cannon!
:concern: I am Gonzo the Great!
:smile: No, you're Gonzo the Greatest!

But the best part of all was the drum battle at the end between Animal and his Moopet doopelganger, Animool.
Good episode all around.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I really loved this episode. But there hasn't really been an episode I HAVEN'T loved lol.

I must say how impressed I am with Bill Barretta. Bobo, Dr. Teeth, and Rowlf all have similar voices, but it seems like he's really grown more comfortable with Teeth and Rowlf because they all sound different.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I really loved this episode. But there hasn't really been an episode I HAVEN'T loved lol.

I must say how impressed I am with Bill Barretta. Bobo, Dr. Teeth, and Rowlf all have similar voices, but it seems like he's really grown more comfortable with Teeth and Rowlf because they all sound different.
That is a very good point because even when Jim preformed them both they sounded very much the same.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
When Scooter came to talk to the band, I couldn't help that they were high as a kite. I mean they have the lights turned down, Zoot thinking the moon in the room was real or store bought, etc.

Lips spoke several times. I think he and Zoot need to be the center focus in an episode.

I'm also kind of getting tired of Scooter and his nerdiness. He kind of reminds me of Cliff Clavin from Cheers since both characters lived with their moms as adults. His mom wakes him up to James Taylor...???