The Muppets Episode 8 - Too Hot to Handler

What did you think of "The Muppets" episode "Too Hot to Handler"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Yes, the Scooter mom thing is being overdone.

Zoot is so funny, but it still feels weird having him be so outgoing all of a sudden.

This show has found its footing; now I'm just wondering what the "soft reboot" will be all about.

I don't know if they quite understand Kermit & Fozzie. I was never under the impression that Kermit was the dad and Fozzie was the baby. Kermit was always in charge, but he respected him more. Like Fozzie isn't Chris Griffin-stupid as depicted in the rubberband scene. Here we go with the stereotypes again...
I think for a lot of years now they've been down playing Fozzie's intelligence as a character and I'm not sure how that came to be. The worst was in MTI with the whole Mr. Bimbo thing. Wasn't funny, just made Fozzie out to be kind of pathetic and sad and didn't have a mind of his own. Fozzie to me was always the gentler, loveable lug of the core Muppet group who always tried hard with his jokes, and his spirit was in that he kept trying no matter how much Statler and Waldorf mocked him, etc.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
He seemed pretty smart in the Merry Muppet Christmas movie. Him losing the money the way he did was an honest mistake especially with a fake crocodile hunter and angry whos chasing after him.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
He seemed pretty smart in the Merry Muppet Christmas movie. Him losing the money the way he did was an honest mistake especially with a fake crocodile hunter and angry whos chasing after him.
I only saw that once when it first aired, so I don't recall. :embarrassed:

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
The episode "Too Hot to Handler" has been an pretty weird one to watch. Not that I didn't like it, but still was pretty interesting for the show. For instance, I have to give it credit for making it a "Scooter-centric" episode as it focused on him trying to win Chelsea Handler over but soon ends up in a crazy love story with Scooter deciding to be friends with Chelsea in the end. Well you know what they say, the heart wants what the heart wants. :wink:

In the side story where Kermit and Fozzie had an "alterfication" about Becky when Kermit thought she was cheating at Trivia Night at Rowlf's tavern when she was really ordering a gift for Fozzie, I was almost worried that it would almost end their friendship, but glad they patched things up. To be honest, I feel like this show is almost like a "make up or break up" situation for the characters. For example, we all know about the break-up between Kermit and Miss Piggy before the show began :smile::mad:; the dissent unintentionally caused by Kristin Chenowith in the Electric Mayhem from the episode "The Ex-Factor" :big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo:; and now, Scooter's love life:wink: and Kermit and Fozzie's friendship almost on a knife's edge all because of a girlfriend :smile::embarrassed:. For me, life for the Muppets can't get any stranger than this.

My favorite part of the episode, however, would have to be the Electric Mayhem gossip about Kermit and Fozzie and believing that Kermit was replaced by a robot. I thought it was really funny at the end for them to see if Kermit was a robot by placing a plate of "Free Cookies for Robots" and proved he wasn't by grabbing a banana. Then Animal grabbed the cookies and started munching on the them, which made the band now believe Animal's a robot and running away from him when Animal wanted to share the cookies with them. I even giggled when he said "oh well. more for me." Reminds me of the Cookie Monster. I gotta say they're two of a kind. :halo::insatiable:

More interesting stuff for me is seeing more of Denise and Zoot talking more. All I can say now is that I hope things will be more exciting from here on out. :fanatic: Can't wait 'til the next episode! :excited:

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
I think for a lot of years now they've been down playing Fozzie's intelligence as a character and I'm not sure how that came to be. The worst was in MTI with the whole Mr. Bimbo thing. Wasn't funny, just made Fozzie out to be kind of pathetic and sad and didn't have a mind of his own. Fozzie to me was always the gentler, loveable lug of the core Muppet group who always tried hard with his jokes, and his spirit was in that he kept trying no matter how much Statler and Waldorf mocked him, etc.
I think Fozzie in MTI was just him playing a character who's dumb.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think people are missing the point of the Kermit and Fozzie story.
Kermit was trying to protect Fozzie. I think where Kermit was saying how Fozzie was innocent kind of Bear really explains the character of Fozzie. With that being said I could honestly see why Kermit would not trust Becky. I could also see why he felt he needed to protect Fozzie.
I do find it funny that in Bear left Bear Write, Kermit lied to Fozzie and Fozzie did not get mad. However Kermit tells him what he thought was the truth and Fozzie gets real upset.
The Scooter story was cute.I really love what they are doing with him his mom and Ken......
Oddly I'm getting tired of the band. Not sure why,but them being so out of it just annoys me.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
speaking of scooter I'm surprised he's never referenced skeeter his win sister at all. I know she was only made for muppet babies but she does appear in some of the comic books. If they ever made her appear on the show it would be pretty interesting.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
speaking of scooter I'm surprised he's never referenced skeeter his win sister at all. I know she was only made for muppet babies but she does appear in some of the comic books. If they ever made her appear on the show it would be pretty interesting.
Doesn't really surprise me, considering Skeeter has never been mentioned in any of the live action productions. Though it is a shame David has yet to show up to one of those live panels with Scooter. I'm sure at least one person in the audience would ask about Skeeter.

I suppose I wouldn't mind at least a mention of Skeeter at some point, but if she never officially becomes a Muppet, I won't lose any sleep (apologies to fans of both Skeeter and MB).