Major Changes in store for Sesame Street Season 46

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ugh. Late fall turns into mid-Winter, just as I figured it would. Like I've said a hundred times already, they should have started with season 47, which would have been fully financed and produced by HBO. Does the 9 months include January? Either way, it's going to be almost a year before episodes that were supposed to air a month or so ago if the HBO thing didn't happen. I sincerely hope they didn't shove too many at the moment pop culture bits in there.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This season starts in January and will probably end in like March or April,which might be around the time Season 47 starts filming.And if Season 47 starts filming in spring then it may air in autumn,so we could be getting two new seasons in 2016. I doubt they'd make us wait almost a year for another season after we already waited for such a long time for season 46.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Gee, this must be the same people who complained that the Muppets upstaged the celebrity casts in THE MUPPETS (2011) and MMW.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well this is worrying. I hope we get some clarification soon. If the show changes too much I may stop watching,and i'm sure many other people will as well.
EDIT: So with the fewer puppets thing,I hope they're just talking about the 'main six' thing they mentioned earlier this year and that they aren't talking about getting rid of a bunch of characters in Season 47. Also they mention the show would be "kinder and "gentler",what does that mean? Will the show become less funny and too cute? Are they trying to make this show too much like other preschool shows on currently?

Last edited:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Also they mention the show would be "kinder and "gentler",what does that mean?
What's crazy about that statement is that it's referring to Sesame Street. How much "kinder" and "gentler" can it get? It's like saying Star Trek needs to be more "sci-fi-ish."

ssetta

Reaction score
It seems like the show is taking a similar direction that it took in Season 33. I also noticed that article said there would be fewer pop culture references. I've noticed that's something that seems to have come and gone. I remember when I was a kid back in the 80s and early 90s they did it all the time, but then they kind of stopped it in the late 90s, and then they brought it back. So it seems like they're stopping it again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The fewer characters was something we've already known about. There was always some level of market research for the show to an extent (show wouldn't have had Elmo be a huge influence if that wasn't the case). Something tells me whatever's going to be wrong and the reason why Joey left will be more subtle and with the show's substance.

Though I'm not complaining about less pop culture parodies. I like them for the most part, but they're only there to say "HEY! We still exist! Ignore the piles of Paw Patrol merchandise. We're still relevant with fleeting, in name only parodies" to the media and parents who bizarrely never considered a show they watched when they were younger that continues to exist.

I am still worried about the actual product when it finally premieres, but that's at least 2 months to a year away. And an extra 9 months for those who don't have HBO. Season 46 was already filmed for the most part, if not all of it before the HBO deal went down (I'm 50/50 sure they shot extra episodes for HBO once the deal hit). The major changes sound like they're coming next season. Unless seeds of it were planted in 46, and that's why Joey left.

Status
Not open for further replies.