The Muppets SPOILER Thread

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The episode really didn't have any background characters; almost all the characters that were in it had lines. Very few scenes took place in the conference room or hallways so i think that's why there weren't many background characters. A good number of scenes did not take place inside the TV station
Which is good for a change.

Harleena

Reaction score
Well, that was a good episode. I agree with @Janice+Floyd<3 in that some of the scenes made me go "Awwwww!" but now at least we know that Floyd and Janice aren't a couple...I think. This is confusing. No more sinking ships, PLEASE! I don't know if I can deal with it. At least I still have Usagi and Mamoru to hang onto...

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
Well, that was a good episode. I agree with @Janice+Floyd<3 in that some of the scenes made me go "Awwwww!" but now at least we know that Floyd and Janice aren't a couple...I think. This is confusing. No more sinking ships, PLEASE! I don't know if I can deal with it. At least I still have Usagi and Mamoru to hang onto...
I think they are together but Janice is just someone who doesn't want to belong to anyone. She obviously for a fact really does love Floyd. Someone on Twitter during the q&a asked if they are dating and it is I quote 'Romance wise, we’ve always had an understanding. Now if only somebody could explain it to us!'

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I always see Janice and Floyd as too hip for conventional marriage, but that doesn't mean they're swingers. I'm sorry if a faithful relationship isn't mature enough for this show's writers. :stick_out_tongue:

Honestly, it feels like this show is being written by the laugh track of Saved by the Bell; the one that went "Ooooooooo!" every time someone kissed. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
I always see Janice and Floyd as too hip for conventional marriage, but that doesn't mean they're swingers. I'm sorry if a faithful relationship isn't mature enough for this show's writers. :stick_out_tongue:

Honestly, it feels like this show is being written by the laugh track of Saved by the Bell; the one that went "Ooooooooo!" every time someone kissed. :rolleyes:
How do you get swingers and open relationship from the fact that Janice just isn't someone that gets tied down by anyone?

She could be a serial dater - she likes dating people, doesn't mean she's a swinger or that she and Floyd have an open relationship. It means that she's probably not ready to settle down yet or if she even wants to; and it actually does make sense for her to date within the band - she hangs out with these guys all the time, she's friends with them all, of course she'd pick people that would know her and love her already (have you ever dated? It's the worst!!!)

And 'date' is different from 'dating' - I'll believe Janice/Zoot & Janice/Floyd actually dated, for an extended amount of time. Anyone else could have easily been a 'we went on a few dates and realized we work way better as friends'.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Janice just isn't someone that gets tied down by anyone?
Since when was it ever implied that Janice thought being with Floyd was being tied down? Since this show? The vibe I keep getting from this show is contempt for anyone who wants to see the Muppets. They're taking anything that ever meant anything, and saying it now means nothing. And I'm not surprised they're having to reboot so quickly.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Since when was it ever implied that Janice thought being with Floyd was being tied down? Since this show? The vibe I keep getting from this show is contempt for anyone who wants to see the Muppets. They're taking anything that ever meant anything, and saying it now means nothing. And I'm not surprised they're having to reboot so quickly.
I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that some people are getting up in arms because Janice seems to have been dating other people other than Floyd.

Look, I'm not happy Kermit's dating Denise, but there is a logic to and it's been explained. Maybe it wasn't explained well for the Mayhem, but Janice and Floyd could easily have a relationship that is sometimes off and on; I hardly think they're anywhere in K+P territory, but maybe they just loose their mojo with each other, they take a break, get back together.

I'm actually surprised no one has mentioned that Floyd, at one point, had a Tinder account, given the dubious accounts of using the thing.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm not saying that at all.
Mind you, I'm not yelling at you or anything. Just venting about the show. :wink:

I'm saying that some people are getting up in arms because Janice seems to have been dating other people other than Floyd.
It's not that they're mad at Janice for having a life. I think that's the concern I'm sensing from you (correct me if I'm wrong). It would be more accurate to say people are getting up in arms because Janice and Floyd aren't together. And I can understand why.

I hardly think they're anywhere in K+P territory, but maybe they just loose their mojo with each other, they take a break, get back together.
See, Janice and Floyd were different from K+P because they seemed to be buddies as well as a couple (with Richard and Jerry being close friends and their characters often teaming up). So if they're not together, I think it does hit harder than just a standard romantic break up.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Mind you, I'm not yelling at you or anything. Just venting about the show. :wink:
NP! In fact, I believe you have made many a comment in which I agree with :big_grin:

It's not that they're mad at Janice for having a life. I think that's the concern I'm sensing from you (correct me if I'm wrong). It would be more accurate to say people are getting up in arms because Janice and Floyd aren't together. And I can understand why.
See, I actually can't understand why.

Not in a "how could you all see J+F anyway?" but in a...they have a better reason to be out of a relationship than K+P do.

See, Janice and Floyd were different from K+P because they seemed to be buddies as well as a couple (with Richard and Jerry being close friends and their characters often teaming up). So if they're not together, I think it does hit harder than just a standard romantic break up.
That's my point - Floyd and Janice ARE friends, so the two of them being together/not being together makes sense to me. And, something that I've noticed in this new show and have pointed out, I don't think Kermit and Piggy ever WERE friends, which makes their back and forths so...contentious.

I see it like this - Jance and Floyd are like Ted and Robin from How I Met Your Mother. They dated in the beginning, became friends, dated each other again, dated other people, and if you watched that show (or had the internet during their series finale) you know what happens. Ted and Robin always cared about each other and were very much okay being either friends or dating (only got contentious when Ted tried to get married the first time and Robin actually did), but in the end...again, if you watch the show, you know what happened.

Kermit and Piggy are like...well, you know what, they're Barney and Robin. When they work, it's fantastic; when they don't, it doesn't work out.

Now, while I'm not onboard the good ship Kernise, I do think that's a good relationship for him and Piggy; I really would like to see this as a growing experience for both, where maybe they are just friends and aren't dating anyone for a bit and then they start getting closer to each other and have a much better relationship than they did before (FINGERS CROSSED!)

I'm more worried about K+P than J+F, to make a long story short. Neither of them hold grudges and obviously, they've been together and been apart before, so I'm not so worried about their ship sinking anytime soon; it's just parked at the dock for a little bit.

Not everyone can live at sea forever at a time :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Not in a "how could you all see J+F anyway?" but in a...they have a better reason to be out of a relationship than K+P do.
How so? Just curious.

Floyd and Janice ARE friends, so the two of them being together/not being together makes sense to me.
Hmm, fair enough, I can where it could go both ways.

And, something that I've noticed in this new show and have pointed out, I don't think Kermit and Piggy ever WERE friends, which makes their back and forths so...contentious.
Well traditionally the contentious thing stemmed from the "Will they/Won't they?" dynamic they had. The more they fought, the more you knew they were meant for each other, lol.