Nintendo announces new games at E3 with Henson puppets

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score

Three of the most famous faces of Nintendo in Japan and the US are portrayed by puppet caricatures (which I believe are built by JHC, the supporting characters seem to be former Henson puppets, correct me if I'm wrong) who then morph into the cast of StarFox (also puppets) to announce a new StarFox game at this year's E3.

It's a clever little thing, and it's got some fun in-jokes as well. If you haven't already seen it -- chances are you'll be seeing them any moment in your Tumblr dashboard -- here's your chance.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
There's a rumor that Kevin Clash was involved in this. No one hears his voice in this, right?

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
@antsamthompson9 Judging from the voice, unless the actual Nintendo people are doing the voices and not the puppeteers, I think that's Kevin Carlson doing Reggie, not Kevin Clash... he was also the puppeteer for Timmy the Tooth, Warehouse Mouse from Imagination Movers and Mr. Potato Head on the Mr. Potato Head Show.

Last edited:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
There's a rumor that Kevin Clash was involved in this. No one hears his voice in this, right?
Kevin Clash was indeed there, but the only performer who speaks is Bill Barretta. Brian Henson also directed the intro, and Coleen Smith performed the blue puppet, which along with all the others were reused from That Puppet Game Show.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Kevin Clash was indeed there, but the only performer who speaks is Bill Barretta. Brian Henson also directed the intro, and Coleen Smith performed the blue puppet, which along with all the others were reused from That Puppet Game Show.
So does this mean Kevin is in fact with the Henson Company again?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
What's the confirmation he was there?