April Fools: Sesame Street Film Still Happening!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I have the feeling that they were inspired when they saw this gag and decided to continue production on the movie. Hey, do you mind doing an April Fool's gag about a new Muppet movie next year?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I want to love this idea, but I just can see it falling into the same preschool movie ghetto the last 2 Sesame Street films fell into. Let's face it. FTB, great movie as it is, didn't make that much. Less than most Muppet films, to be precise. It's only after it hit home video and TV reruns that it became a cult classic. EIG basically hit when the DVD's hit the 5 dollar bin. Even then, it's because it was a cheap DVD with Elmo on it to shut kids up for 80 minutes.

Now, I would absolutely love to see a bigger budget Sesame Street theatrical movie. I'm sure everyone here would. I just don't see it being successful enough to pull parents into theaters for 80-90 minutes for something they can see for free that's still on television and in production to this day. Though, Spongebob's popularity made his second film a modest success, so I could hopefully be wrong.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have the feeling that they were inspired when they saw this gag and decided to continue production on the movie. Hey, do you mind doing an April Fool's gag about a new Muppet movie next year?
Don't know if they were inspired or not, but it's interesting that this next one has been announced to take place in New York, while the others had the characters traveling (though going to Grouchland wasn't really far from Sesame Street, considering it's inside a portal in Oscar's can). Of course they could still be traveling from Sesame Street to another part of New York. But my idea would have pretty much took place on the street (with the characters leaving and coming back as often as the average person laves their house and comes back).

I did consider doing one about a new Muppet movie this year - it was a toss-up between a new Muppet movie, a new Sesame Street movie, or the Fraggle Rock movie that's been announced on-and-off over the years (the recent news of that put an end to that idea).

I do have a few ideas for next year, but unfortunately I forget what they are at the moment. I'm sure they'll come to me by then, or maybe I'll think up some better ones (even if I'm the only one who thinks they're better).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Few questions...would Snuffy (as well as Prairie Dawn) at least be involved with those who have a main role? Would Telly be involved with those who play a fairly small role? Or would I have to wait for the fan fic, if it happens?
Back to this question, now that I have started the fan fic (though it's not finished yet), I feel like so far I've given Telly the most to do, though Cookie Monster is starting to catch up in terms of being the character used most. I've already given Prairie a bit of screen time as well, but Snuffy hasn't been in much yet. Of course, some of the characters I mentioned as being among the main characters (especially The Count and Oscar) I actually haven't included in much of the story. With so many characters involved, it has been a bit hard for me to find ways to use Big Bird, Ernie, Bert, Oscar, and The Count (not to mention the humans) for this story.

Of course I've started developing more to the story as I've been writing. I'm now getting into ideas I came up with after starting the fan fic. It's now starting to get more of the Cookie Monster focus that the story needs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If there are actually any real updates of this new WB helmed Sesame Street movie, we should move it to a real thread. And I hope to hear those updates soon.

If this does happen, I hope the strong Sesame brand manages to carry this film better than it did FTB and EIG. One of these things deserves to do well in its initial release, and not waiting forever to become a cult classic on home video.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If there are actually any real updates of this new WB helmed Sesame Street movie, we should move it to a real thread. And I hope to hear those updates soon.
Yeah, I'm surprised there isn't a separate thread regarding the real announcement that it's still happening.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I know it's been a while but,this article says that they plan to make the movie more like the recent Muppet movies.

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/fraggle-rock/245460/sesame-street-movie-to-be-more-like-the-muppets

I know of course the article is eight months old but it's still from this year,so the film could very well still be happening. Keep in mind that most films take at least two years to develop,so there's still hope that it is still being made. Hopefully it'll come out within the next few years or so.