Should Muppet Babies be rated TV-G?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah. If that's the case, giving Muppet Babies a TV-Y7 was an oversight.

Maybe it's because I consider Muppet Babies a Kindergarten-second grade type show.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Ah. If that's the case, giving Muppet Babies a TV-Y7 was an oversight.

Maybe it's because I consider Muppet Babies a Kindergarten-second grade type show.
It is a kids show, and it is not something a six year old could not watch, so it is a TV-Y, though if it were on Qubo, it might get a TV-Y7, becuase they rate most shows using those ratings.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I'd rate it TV-G. It's a very family friendly show, I think. I remember watching it when I was a kid, and not understanding certain elements of it, and then re-watching them on YouTube (when I had the chance) and suddenly laughing hysterically at a parody from one of their "imagination sketches," such as in "The Frog Who Knew Too Much," when Rowlf and Fozzie were doing a "Miami Vice" bit, complete with pastel wardrobe, which I didn't understand at the tender young age of four.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, the show is aimed for kid's, so yeah, I'd definitely make it G. I see no reason to make it Y-7 unless stupid soccer moms complain about it.

Also, echoing Dr.Tooth's comment above, I agree and find it ridiculous that alot of shows on Cartoon Network are rated TV-PG. I honestly blame Stuart Snyder on that, and the new headrunner Christina Miller sure doesn't help either. :rolleyes:

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Also, echoing Dr.Tooth's comment above, I agree and find it ridiculous that alot of shows on Cartoon Network are rated TV-PG.
Is it me, or are people these days too sawwwwwwwns-i-taaaaaaahhhhhhve?
(that's sensitive, by the way. I got the way of saying it from a Bugs Bunny cartoon called "A Lad In His Lamp," except I exaggerate it quite a bit).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Is it me, or are people these days too sawwwwwwwns-i-taaaaaaahhhhhhve?
(that's sensitive, by the way. I got the way of saying it from a Bugs Bunny cartoon called "A Lad In His Lamp," except I exaggerate it quite a bit).
You aren't wrong at all! People are way too sensitive nowadays, and it aggrivates me whenever someone tries to play the "victim" card and make you look like an ignorant jerk. Thanks Obama.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay, so here's something I've thought about. When Muppet Babies was broadcast on television in the United States, it was given the rating TV-Y, so parents would know that it was intended for young children. It definitely is child-appropriate, with starting the trend of young versions of famous characters and all. However, given that it's been around for a long time, and that several other Muppet productions are rated TV-G, should Muppet Babies ever be rated TV-G as well?

I think it should, even if it ever saw a return to American television in the future. It's been around long enough that I think people of all ages would enjoy it and not just kids. TV-G means it's intended for general audiences, so I think the show could fit, as the entire Muppet franchise was intended for both children and adults.
I guess that would be a good idea. After all, Winnie-the-Pooh and Christmas Too was always given a TV-Y rating when it aired on ABC, and being a prime-time Christmas special, I thought that would have been worthy of a G-rating. I definitely could see the same with the new MB series.