Wanted: Master Replicas Kermit

Tbow17

Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering if anyone if anyone would sell me a Kermit replica cheaply or send me somewhere where i can get one
Tom:smile::confused:

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Ebay.. Lots of kermit puppets on there. Or make one :smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I wouldn't get my hopes up that someone would sell you their Kermit replica "cheaply" to be honest. Yeah, eBay is your best bet, but even than you'll have to spend a pretty penny.

Glad I bought mine when I did, though sadly, I wasn't able to get Animal. Maybe one day,:halo:.

mrfnydude

Reaction score
I wouldn't get my hopes up that someone would sell you their Kermit replica "cheaply" to be honest. Yeah, eBay is your best bet, but even than you'll have to spend a pretty penny.

Glad I bought mine when I did, though sadly, I wasn't able to get Animal. Maybe one day,:halo:.
Neither was I. Bid 800 and was blocked from bidding by seller. scam I assume.

Wafflesnacker

Reaction score
Well most 'Replicas' or extremely accurate Kermits, allot that sell where once a 20 buck plush. And they sell for 'lotta cash.:attitude:

TheMuppetBaby

Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering if anyone if anyone would sell me a Kermit replica cheaply or send me somewhere where i can get one
Tom:smile::confused:
I agree with everyone above. Finding a good replica means spending good, hard-earned cash. I know of someone who has probably the best (with no exaggeration of the word) replica I have ever seen. Antron fleece, every stitch is hand-sewn. You can see an image of it here.

As for pricing, replicas of the photo replica Kermit have been as high as $1,600 on ebay. Be prepared.

The best bet for making a Kermit replica would be to adapt the Glorified Sock Puppet pattern along with studying many images of kermit for body shape/size/etc to the puppeteer's arm. Kermit's body is very similar in shape to a football with the top and bottom cut off.

I posted my first attempt at a puppet here—what I found (using the GSP pattern) was that it had very similar features to kermit. The neck would have to be elongated, and the arms are not the same. You'd have to find/develop pattern work for legs/feet/arms. But that can easily be found scouring the internet.

My next few puppets I'll be making will be leading up to my first kermit attempt.

Last edited:

mrfnydude

Reaction score
That replica is perfect the muppet baby. Also great job on your first one.