This CANNOT happen. Help Pls!

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
In a few days I have this big performance scheduled where I'm supposed to sing The Wizard and I from Wicked The Musical and The ABSOLUTE WORSE POSSIBLE THING THAT COULD EVER HAPPEN TO A PERFORMER, happened.

I LOST MY VOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I know you're going to ask, "Well, where'd you put it?" But I'm being 238762356974329846982374098230946398479038409% serious! What am I gonna dooo????

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
In a few days I have this big performance scheduled where I'm supposed to sing The Wizard and I from Wicked The Musical and The ABSOLUTE WORSE POSSIBLE THING THAT COULD EVER HAPPEN TO A PERFORMER, happened.

I LOST MY VOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I know you're going to ask, "Well, where'd you put it?" But I'm being 238762356974329846982374098230946398479038409% serious! What am I gonna dooo????
Well, first of all, keep your panicked screams to typing for a start! Secondly, relax, cause stressing will only make it worse (personal experience). Thirdly, grab your nearest pineapple, extract the juice and mix it in with lemon juice, salt and ice. Tastes terribly sour and doesn't always work, but it has helped me out plenty of times to be called reliable.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
Well, first of all, keep your panicked screams to typing for a start! Secondly, relax, cause stressing will only make it worse (personal experience). Thirdly, grab your nearest pineapple, extract the juice and mix it in with lemon juice, salt and ice. Tastes terribly sour and doesn't always work, but it has helped me out plenty of times to be called reliable.
Thank you! I'm going to try to make this in the morning before school.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Drink plenty of water, take Hall's throat lozenges and talk as little as possible, most importantly, rest your voice and get rest for yourself.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Echoing lots of what's been said. Stay off your voice as much as possible. Carry a little notebook with you to write essential conversation rather than talk. Warm liquids, especially with lemon/honey. Avoid dairy. You may also want to get a humidifier. Take lots of Vitamin C. Rest yourself in addition to your voice. Also, give the people in charge of the show advance warning that your voice is compromised, that you're doing everything to rest it to be in as best shape possible by showtime but nonetheless it's best they have advance warning that there could be an issue rather than be taken by surprise at last minute.

When it does come time to sing, make sure you do your warm-up exercises first so that you know you're warmed up (but don't overdo them) and also to gauge what shape your voice is in that night so you know if you may have to make some adjustments to your interpretation if there's certain notes you can't hit or may be risky.

Eyeball

Reaction score
Coat your throat in honey and just tilt your neck back, failing that a little bit of whiskey always helps.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
Well when ever I lose something I always retrace my steps........:embarrassed:
Typical Muppet Fan Answer.

Echoing lots of what's been said. Stay off your voice as much as possible. Carry a little notebook with you to write essential conversation rather than talk. Warm liquids, especially with lemon/honey. Avoid dairy. You may also want to get a humidifier. Take lots of Vitamin C. Rest yourself in addition to your voice. Also, give the people in charge of the show advance warning that your voice is compromised, that you're doing everything to rest it to be in as best shape possible by showtime but nonetheless it's best they have advance warning that there could be an issue rather than be taken by surprise at last minute.

When it does come time to sing, make sure you do your warm-up exercises first so that you know you're warmed up (but don't overdo them) and also to gauge what shape your voice is in that night so you know if you may have to make some adjustments to your interpretation if there's certain notes you can't hit or may be risky.
I told my choir director today that my voice has been kinda iffy and she told me to use peppermint candy and Sour Patch Kids and that that always helps.

Drink plenty of water, take Hall's throat lozenges and talk as little as possible, most importantly, rest your voice and get rest for yourself.
I've been trying to do that. But I have several classroom jobs that require me to speak most of the day and I'm not allowed to carry water because its 'against school policy'

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Typical Muppet Fan Answer.

I told my choir director today that my voice has been kinda iffy and she told me to use peppermint candy and Sour Patch Kids and that that always helps.

I've been trying to do that. But I have several classroom jobs that require me to speak most of the day and I'm not allowed to carry water because its 'against school policy'
That's a shame that you are not allowed to carry water in school.