Coming Soon: Sesame Street Season 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That first one was just beautiful. I love seeing Muppets being filmed outside of their studio comfort zones. Gives them an extra level of realism in their suspended disbelief. Especially loved seeing ol' Big Bird included in that one.

Ryan's Elmo is pretty darn dead on in the clips that used them.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Yeah, Ryan's really starting to grow into his role as Elmo. :smile:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Boy, I was really looking forward to a season without any repeated episodes! :mad: :rolleyes: :grr: :frown: :grouchy: :sigh:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Boy, I was really looking forward to a season without any repeated episodes! :mad: :rolleyes: :grr: :frown: :grouchy: :sigh:
To be fair, the episodes are kind of just extra ones, not part of the main 26. The ones that aired in season 42 were the same as their original airdates, just with a new number slapped on them.

I'm interested to see how the upcoming one work, since they come from seasons 40-43. The season 43 ones might not be different, but they might change the ones from seasons 40-42 to add in ETM, which means they'd have to change other segments as well to make the time fit.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Now that Sesame Workshop has put up more detailed description of the Season 45 episodes, it's safe to reveal that Bert will be making several appearances (in street scenes) this upcoming season! He already plays a major role in 4502, 4508, and 4520, but at the same time he also appears in 4504 (dressed up as Batman- see photo put up by Sesame Workshop) and 4516 (in a small cameo making a new stain on Oscar's tuxedo).

I mean...how awesome is that?? :frown:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
That's awesome, but it's not often that Bert plays a role in a street story more than once or twice a season, other than background appearances. Don't get me wrong- I'm pretty excited to see Big Bird play a role in those episodes you mentioned, but when was the last time Bert played a role in more than one episode in a season?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that Sesame Workshop has put up more detailed description of the Season 45 episodes, it's safe to reveal that Bert will be making several appearances.
Liked...

I mean...how awesome is that?? :frown:
And Big Bird's in a few episodes as well (4503, 4505, 4508, 4512, 4518, 4523, 4525).
and liked.

On the one hand, it's kind of a let down that we have to be that excited about major characters being on their own show, but on the other hand, when they make their appearances, it's always an event.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I have to ask. In the NumericCon ep., Elmo's "The Dark Nine", but Bert's also in a Batman outfit with an 8. What pun can that even be?

Drtooth

Reaction score
They totally blew an opportunity to make him Tobor: The 8th Man... well, they would if anyone born after the 60's knew who that was.

Maybe it's supposed to be Batman the anim-8-ed series? Or Batman For-8-ver? Or Film-8-tion's New 8-Ventures of Ba-8-man and 8Rob8in?

So, like Bert's in there too, or is it just a promotional image?

Oh, and Guy Smiley, too! That's happening! :electric:

Status
Not open for further replies.