Action figure insurance

momble

Reaction score
Hi. In the process of moving home so packed up the figure collection but got chatting to a friend that asked whether I had them insured. What is the general feeling about insuring them - do you insure them individually or as a collection? Advice would be greatly appreciated. (for the record I have most of the figures, basic and variants, all still on cards as well as the playsets/megas/exclusives and all 3 master replicas)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You can't get toys insured. :confused:

Don't know, but I've heard of people insuring certain expensive items (though most cases I know of occur in movies or television). Somebody I used to work with actually had a Pokemon card insured (it was the Charizard card), and it ended up being stolen. So I guess if you can insure a rare Pokemon card you can insure a toy.

Eyeball

Reaction score
why dont you try claim them on home insurance?, ive had watches and rings replaced by it so i dont see why figures cant be?

Wafflesnacker

Reaction score
Hmm, I guess so. But that's sort of like insuring a cake.
But toys aren't to valuable in the eyes of business men. Unless you prove it to them.

Eyeball

Reaction score
oh yeah i forgot about 'THEM' those heartless cronies, its always a plan B then i guess.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Could you maybe pack them in a smaller box and take them separately in your own car rather than the moving truck?

I know that when I can move out, I'm going to have a LOT of little valuables like that, and I'll probably just take the most important stuff with me in a separate car, that way nothing can happen. I'll leave the moving truck for the furniture :stick_out_tongue: