Let's Take a Stand:The Muppet Show Season 4 and 5

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I have 12 discs. I have no idea how much it cost, though.
10 discs and a season every 2 discs. They're DVRed from Disney Channel, Odessy, Dinsey UK, and Nick at Night, the latter which annoys me, because the Nick ones all have one segment cut, but most are from the Disney Channel which is good. The cover is basically the MTM cover all green with TMS on the front.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Disney likes the UK...have you seen their merchandise?! So jealous!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well if we had a bigger fan base like Star Wars and Marvel and had huge conventions, and people dressing up as there favorite Muppets, and just a larger fan base Seasons 4 and 5 would be out already, and the Muppets would have there own TV show by now.
You kidding? Know how much Marvel and Star Wars stuff we're probably never going to see on DVD?

When was the last time you saw the entire Droids or Ewoks cartoon on DVD? I severely doubt Disney would release that. I'm not even sure Disney would release the not-special editions of the original movies... but that's also because Fox still owns them. And Marvel... well, I give them credit for releasing the entire 90's X-Men cartoon (on multiple 2 disk sets) and the 90's Fantastic Four cartoon (before the Marvel ownership, under their ownership of Saban's animated programming)... but they can't even release more that 12 out of order episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man or it will cut into the ratings or something stupid like that. To say the least of the (horrible) 1960's cartoon, the 80's cartoon (which they should have under their ownership), or the 90's cartoon. To say the least no 90's Iron Man or 80's or 90's Hulk.

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
Tomorrow I will be in London and I will check out the merch in the Disney Store. Maybe buy something.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Six years ago today The Muppet Show Season 3 was released and ever since we have been wondering when 4 and 5 would follow! Sadly we are still wondering.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
It's so sad that we'll probably never get those sets, I'd have really looked forward to everyone on the forum sharing their experiences of going to their walmarts and targets and midnight and getting hold of the set like they did for season 2.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
sucks dont it, what is disneys problem?
The problem is legal red tape, that's what! Obviously, some music rights holders and celebrity estates still refuse to budge and grant them the licenses that they need!

I wonder if the emails and whatnot that Disney gets regarding Seasons 4 and 5 get shared with the greedy, miserly jerk legal people that won't let Disney have the legal clearances that they need in order to release Seasons 4 and 5. That would probably go a long way towards getting the remaining TMS seasons released, especially when the legal people realize that they're losing money by the sets not being released.