Your Thoughts: Muppets Most Wanted Original Soundtrack

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I brought a CD copy on March 25, exactly 3 days after I saw the film. When the cashier saw what I was purchasing, he immediately asked me if I saw it, because he is (or at the time, was) interested in seeing it for himself. I of course told him that I did, and informed him that he does get a chance to see it, he will not be sorry. As I was heading out the door, I told him: "as soon as you get a chance, go see it!". (I hope he did.)

Anyways, now that I have a chance, here are my thoughts. Like the last film's soundtrack, this one was very enjoyable! My top 4 favorite songs are (in order of appearance):

1. "We're Doing a Sequel"- It's a fun song and a superior opening song for a movie that starts where the previous film ended!
2. "The Big House"- Never in my life have I heard Tina Fey sing before (or play a Russian character for that matter!), so this is a very catchy song to listen to! It's not often you hear a prison tour kind of song, and who better than the Muppets to turn to for that!
3. "I'll Get You What You Want (Cockatoo in Malibu)"- "You want my opinion on this song? I'll give it to you!" Who better than the Muppets to bring back disco into the 21st Century! Right from when I saw a clip of it in the "America's Favorite Frog" promo, I knew it was going to be an awesome song to listen to over and over! (Don't worry, my other 3 favorite songs from the film have been getting that treatment too!) You just gotta love the feel of the song, and that funky music!
4. "Something So Right"- If this song doesn't get nominated for the Academy Awards, this will be "something so wrong" and I will not be pleased! This is literally the best ballad I've heard in quite a while! It's a great way for Miss Piggy to belt out her feelings for this particular marriage. Luckily she DID get to see what was wrong! Also, great performance by Celine Dion!

Mewmi

Reaction score
The Original Score album is now available! I'm listening to it right now, and it's wonderful! The only thing that would be better would be if they went back and released Christophe Beck's score for the last movie too...
If you can find a hard copy of the Muppets Most Wanted Original Score CD, the original score for the The Muppets is on there as a "Bonus". Tracks 25-47 are all from the previous movie but I don't know if Disney intends on releasing it. I'm not sure why they wouldn't since I have a promo (the actual CD, liner notes and everything, with the sku punched out) in my hand. It must mean they made a bunch. Perhaps they're just waiting to see how the mp3's sell first?

Reaction score
If you can find a hard copy of the Muppets Most Wanted Original Score CD, the original score for the The Muppets is on there as a "Bonus". Tracks 25-47 are all from the previous movie but I don't know if Disney intends on releasing it. I'm not sure why they wouldn't since I have a promo (the actual CD, liner notes and everything, with the sku punched out) in my hand. It must mean they made a bunch. Perhaps they're just waiting to see how the mp3's sell first?
Could you post some pictures of the CD/liner notes (if possible)?

rexcrk

Reaction score
I gotta say, the soundtrack has really grown on me. At first I thought it was just ok, but after plenty more listens I've come to love a lot of the songs.

I still say that "We're Doing a Sequel" is the best song of the movie, followed closely by "Interrogation Song". Every time I listen to them, though, I can't help but really hope that we get an extended cut of the movie with the songs fully intact (I would've LOVED to see Gonzo's part of Interrogation).

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
I gotta say, the soundtrack has really grown on me. At first I thought it was just ok, but after plenty more listens I've come to love a lot of the songs.

I still say that "We're Doing a Sequel" is the best song of the movie, followed closely by "Interrogation Song". Every time I listen to them, though, I can't help but really hope that we get an extended cut of the movie with the songs fully intact (I would've LOVED to see Gonzo's part of Interrogation).
I agree that the soundtrack is better when you watched the movie. But I think Cuckatoo is the best song. My wife even sings it sometimes when she is doing something else. It can just stick in your head for the whole day. But my favorite part of a song is the "Dance Monkey Dance" part. When there is music on, we just shout to each other those words and we can't stop laughing!

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I still get a grand charge out of these songs and this soundtrack, two months to the day after purchasing it (which happened about three hours after we saw the actual movie).

There's so much about MMW's music that makes me laugh and smile and sing along. The last two times I had "We're Doing A Sequel" cranked up on the car stereo during a long drive (my day job requires me to take lots of these), I even took a deep breath and sang the long high note on the last "It's the...Muppets...again" line. Made me feel like a million bucks.

I really think that song and "Something So Right" could and should get some Oscar consideration, if only because a Muppet production number for the ceremony would be absolutely epic. I'd love to see "We're Doing A Sequel" done with cameos from the stars of non-Muppet sequels and movie series...can you imagine???