When you need to rant...

mr3urious

Reaction score
I eventually got used to tabbed browsing. That's what muscle memory can do for ya. :big_grin:

Plus, I like having my taskbar not be cluttered up with endless amounts of browser windows.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I am baffled that people actually enjoy when all your windows are open at once. Sheesh. I can't stand when I need to have like 5 different word documents open and switch between them to do work. Seems like it would be the same kind of headache.

I never had an issue with it. It always seemed more natural. But then again I had AOL growing up and you had to be careful which which X you clicked. The one that closes the entire browser or just the window. And then you had a bunch of minimized tabs on the lower part of the browser window itself. Ugh.

Well once again I'm the odd one out. I should just stop talking.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now on that, I can agree with you, but only because whenever my mom uses the computer, she ends up opening all kinds of different windows, and I don't believe she even knows how to close out of them when she's finished, so I'll have to go back and close them myself, and she'll usually have upwards of 10 or so windows open (a few of them tend to be blocked ads she may have mistakenly clicked on).

Otherwise, I close the new window as soon as I'm finished, and I may only open an additional window or two when I need to.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I have a bone to pick with gravel trucks that drive on the highway with their tops open. These trucks are supposed to have their tops covered, tarps tied down and secured, so their payload doesn't come flying out when they hit a bump in the road and a rock pits your windshield.

There have been a number of people who have sued the trucking companies for the damage they cause to their cars (imagine a rock flying straight at you at 60 mph. If it doesn't chip your windshield, it'll put a ding in your paint job).

But if you take a trucker to court, the burden of proof is on you to prove conclusively it was HIS rock that damaged your car. Unfortunately, and unfairly, most cases like this get dismissed.

It would be nice if you could carry a bag of rocks in your car, and if you see a truck spilling gravel or sand all over the interstate, you could get in front of his truck, roll down your window, and aim it at him! "I believe this belongs to YOU!" You would think he would be grateful that you would be helping him recover his payload instead of cussing you out. There's gratitude for ya.

cjd874

Reaction score
To the people having a noisy snowball fight outside my dorm building: for heaven's sake, it's finals week, and people are trying to study. SHUT UP AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wanna tell me why only Supermarkets have 10 items or less lines? I'm sick of being the only one at a store with <5 bucks worth of one thing I plan to pay with with cash (sometimes even exact change) and everyone else is essentially buying the entire store out with credit? And half the time they don't realize they don't have the credit limit they think they do and they have to spend at least 10 minutes looking for other cards and forms of ID?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
To the people having a noisy snowball fight outside my dorm building: for heaven's sake, it's finals week, and people are trying to study. SHUT UP AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.
It's the same feeling I get when you're studying in the library, and nobody respects the library as a quiet place anymore. Soccer moms are yakking, kids are screaming and running amok. It used to be so quiet you could hear a pin drop, and if anyone made the slightest disturbance they'd be asked to leave. Now, you're on your own.
Good luck with finals.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know that libraries, in general, don't really enforce their own rules anymore, right? You know why? Because people don't visit the library anymore... you know why? Internet. Kindle. eReaders. Whatever. Libraries are desperate for people to visit, which is why they basically disregard their rules, to encourage more people to actually visit.

I have to accompany my mom to the library like once a month, because she takes out like a hundred books at once (and yeah, with her being an old lady, I have to be the one to carry those hundred books for her), and almost everytime we're there, people are either crowded in the computer lab, or sitting around at tables on their own laptops, and people talk on their cellphones, or talk to each other without using their indoor voice, and you hardly ever seen anybody actually looking at books. :stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Speaking of libraries...

WHy does no one ever say how evil libraries are, yet people complain about the used game industry and how used game stores are evil? (I'm using evil sarcastically, but they might as well be saying that.)

I mean, its kinda the same idea. Sure, libraries don't charge you anything, but every time someone checks out a book to read, that's lost money to the author/publisher/whoever gets paid from the sales of the book, and the library makes money off overdue and lost books.

Same idea with a game store. Lost money on the publisher and the store gets the profit.

It just seems kinda hypocritcal for everyone to complain about used game stores and movie rental places and not libraries...?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think I touched on this in another thread, but you know something I actually hate about lighted Christmas decorations? Having the change the batteries constantly!

Okay, I've actually let up on the battery changing this year, but here's what really irks me: everytime you put fresh batteries into the decorations, the whole thing works just fine... for two days (no exaggeration), then the blue lights are the first to die. It's always the blue light that dies first. I have a Peanuts piece that's a little retro-style TV set with a scene inside of Linus, Lucy, Snoopy, Charlie Brown, and Sally standing around a Christmas tree, and it has two modes: just lights, or lights and music (an endless loop of "Linus and Lucy"), but I just keep it on just lights. Four different colored lights light it up inside: red, blue, yellow, and green. The blue ALWAYS dies first, and like I say, it'll die after two days of battery change, which is why I'm not bothering to change the batteries as often this year. The green light starts to die after a couple of weeks or so, then the yellow starts to dim around the time the green dies out (and the music doesn't play by then). Similarly, I have this little light-up snowglobe thingy with a fiber-optic tree inside, it continually fade from blue to red to yellow... same story, blue dies first, then yellow will fizzle out. I don't even know what kind of batteries it takes (I think it takes similarto watch batteries). But still, ALWAYS blue dies first. Always blue.

On a side note, it's a good thing I get a 48-pack of AAs at Sam's every other year or so, as practically every single thing I own that's battery powered takes AAs: TV remote, cable remote, DVD remote, CD player, Christmas decorations, Halloween decorations, etc.