The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

beaker

Reaction score
It's no secret I'm not a fan of the majority of computer generated kid films that flood the markets in any particular year. I was big on the original wave of them in the 90's but now it just seems beyond saturation...virtually all of them using the same template of *insert talking animals/aliens/etc venturing outside their world* But some just take the cake as far as bad animation, bad plotting and horrible dialogue and jokes.

While I absolutely love films like Up, Ratatouie, Final Fantasy Advent Children, Monsters Vs Alien and ESPECIALLY Rango(the most advance cgi looking cartoon Ive ever seen)
more than often these sort of films(and live action CGI hybrids like smurfs/chipmunks/etc)
are unwatchable.

Just in the last few years...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztl8Dyef5t0

D'Snowth

Reaction score
General, any of those off-brand CGI films, yeah...

I agree, there's been an oversaturation of CGI movies within the last decade or so... but... do we really need to go into that whole long-winded discussion as to why again?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If it was about Slimey and his pals at a disco, that'd be something to see.

Actually, now that I think of it, I once saw a DVD for an off-brand movie that was ripoff of another off-brand movie that was a ripoff of FINDING NEMO and SHARKTALE... in other words, it'd be like if someone ripped off WIMZIE'S HOUSE, which everybody says ripped off Henson.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dude... do you know how totally P.O's Corey Edwards was that The Weinstine Company ruined Hoodwinked Too? That sassy ogre wasn't even supposed to talk. I enjoyed what it was supposed to be, and it had some solid moments, but you could just hear the ADR'd crappy jokes (especially the "Rachel Ray is the Devil" bit). I'm so glad the Fraggle Rock movie never happened under them. They were looking for edgier... what they did to Hoodwinked Too was their definition of "edgy."

I honestly don't think Ice Age 4 deserves to be there... not to the extent of Turbo or Cloudy with a Change of Meatballs 2. Was it unnecessary? Frog yeah. So wasn't the third one. Were there some solid moments with the pirate crew and Wanda Sykes as Sid's insane grandmother? Absolutely. Those were the film's redeeming qualities. I hated the crap about Manny's Daughter, though. But I look at Turbo, and all I can see is a film worse than Shark Tale.

robodog

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe any film from a major studio could be worse than Shark Tale. But if any film could pull it off it's Turbo.

Drtooth

Reaction score
SharkTale is a movie I genuinely wanted to see. I sort of liked it the first time, but the second time, I couldn't get through it. But the matter stands as I wasn't so put off by the trailer, I developed a burning hatred of it.

As for Dinotime? I wouldn't worry. That film is never going to be released in this country. NONE of the major theater chains want it. It deserves to be in the RedBox off brand crappy CGI DTV kiddy movies no one likes section. These are the same chains that carried Oogieloves, BTW. Dino Time is actually worse than that movie. Amazing.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Actually, now that I think of it, I once saw a DVD for an off-brand movie that was ripoff of another off-brand movie that was a ripoff of FINDING NEMO and SHARKTALE... in other words, it'd be like if someone ripped off WIMZIE'S HOUSE, which everybody says ripped off Henson.
Do you mean The Reef? I've seen copies of that DVD at Wal-Mart and thought the same exact thing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Do you mean The Reef? I've seen copies of that DVD at Wal-Mart and thought the same exact thing.
THE REEF, yes (and that also has a sequel now too), but what I'm saying is that THE REEF, of all movies, now has it's own ripoff... IIRC, I think Tom Kenny actually voices the main character in it, based from what I saw on the DVD cover.