Video: New Elmo premieres at the 2013 Easter Egg Roll

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think Ryan must have watched lots of footage of Kevin's Elmo.
Which essentially means he watched a full episode of Sesame Street. :zany:

I didn't think they could pull it off, but Ryan has basically taken to the Elmo role really well. Not that Peter Linz wasn't good for that Space Chase ride opening, but you could tell it was Peter. And we wouldn't want him to be taken away to be Elmo and not have Walter.

downunderbatman

Reaction score
Given the popularity of the character it would be almost as huge a deal as replacing Kermit as Steve had to. Must have been a scary thing to do in public for the first time.

What a great job he did. The voice is different as you would expect and the mannerisms aren't quite as fluid or natural as Kevin's but you would expect that given how many years Kevin has performed this character. I felt he did an incredible job given its very fresh for him to perform this character. I look forward to seeing what he can bring into developing the Elmo character into his own much the same way Steve has done with Kermit and Ernie.

Greg

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not bad! Ryan does seem like he'd be a good Elmo replacement. After all, they finally recast the Count, but he was a bit easier to recast than Elmo...
Matt worked directly with Jerry up until the very end. He already had experience puppeteering the characters on Sesame Street while Jerry was voicing them, and he did take on Jerry's roles (most of them, anyway) in the Muppet side of things. I'd love to see Matt take on other Sesame Street roles from Jerry (we have 2 Sherlock Holmes TV shows and a series of movies... time to take Sherlock Hemlock out of mothballs, you have potential for parody sketches right there).

I'd love to hear a clearer, more defined video with Ryan as Elmo, but it seems he's gotten everything just about down pat. So the franchise is still up and running, as I always thought it would.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
What's also incredible is that we have just as inspiring a story as Kevin's here (well, at least as inspiring as Kevin's story can be now). Here we have someone who was plucked right out of high school, barely finishing his senior year, to go do right hands and background characters on Sesame for years and years and then one day out of the blue gets a main character. Anything is possible, kids.

Stulz

Reaction score
I didn't think they could pull it off, but Ryan has basically taken to the Elmo role really well. Not that Peter Linz wasn't good for that Space Chase ride opening, but you could tell it was Peter. And we wouldn't want him to be taken away to be Elmo and not have Walter.
Would like to see the footage of Peter's Elmo for the "Space Chase ride opening" you're refereeing to. Do you mean the pres show que, or the opening of the ride itself?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
No video of the Easter Egg Roll performance has been uploaded yet, but TMZ (uck) leaked an impromptu video meeting with Elmo, performed in this instance by Ryan Dillon. Here's the article, which you should really check out just for the included video, unless you like getting riled up about modern media :grr:

I wasn’t sure whether it was appropriate to post about this at all, but at the risk of it getting locked or deleted, I figured it was best to at least post it on a thread separate from this.
Yeah. I'll have to watch that when I get a chance. I did see that there was one that Antsam posted in the other thread, but that may just be Gordon and Abby. I'll have to wait and see what I can find. I can't get involved in any videos now while I'm at work, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Maggie

Reaction score
I think Ryan Dillion is doing an actually, good job. It's very cute how he was interacting with the little kids in the TMZ video. I think he'll do a good job.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I liked the performance...a little off but not in way that is too distracting...I would have to see him in a normal sesame street segment to really give a judgement on it...but for performing Elmo on the fly live it was pretty good...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Would like to see the footage of Peter's Elmo for the "Space Chase ride opening" you're refereeing to. Do you mean the pres show que, or the opening of the ride itself?

It's not in the ride itself, just a stage show. It seems to be the big launch party opening or something... and even then, Peter only does the voice of Elmo talking. Kevin must've recorded the song before he left, but not the dialogue. But the rest of the ride was recorded before he left.