ZootyCutie's TMS Outline-Strong Sad and Marzipan

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
After all the fun I had with my outline with Homestar Runner and Strong Bad, I thought I would try one with some other Homestar Runner characters, this time being Marzipan and Strong Sad. This one will be in season 5 style.

Cold Opening
When coming into the theater, Strong Sad and Marzipan learn that Miss Piggy and Gonzo have taken a vacation, so the show might get ruined, unless some help is getten.

Theme Song
Strong Sad takes the place of Gonzo with the horn.

Opening Number
Strong Sad and Marzipan try their hand at jazz, by singing the song from Chicago "All That Jazz".

Balcony
Waldorf: Heh, those two remind me of The Kingsmen.
Statler: At your age, you should only remember The Cavesmen!
(Statler laughs, then gets socked in the mouth.)

Backstage
Strong Sad and Marzipan decide for Kermit that they will fill in for Miss Piggy's and Gonzo's parts.

Sketch
Marzipan plays a princess trapped in a tower being guarded by Sweetums and Strong Sad plays a knight coming to rescue her, with his favorite weapon: his poetry.

Balcony
Statler: So it's true. The pen is mightier than the sword.
Waldorf: Try telling that to whoever wrote that script.

Song
Marzipan fumbles with singing "Material Girl" with Janice. The main problem is that Marzipan doesn't beleive a word in the song is true.

UK Spot
Janice leads the Electric Mayhem through an uplifting version of "MMMBop".

Dressing Room
Marzipan, Janice, Strong Sad and Zoot compare their personalities. They can't find any simularites.

Sketch: Veterinarian's Hospital
Marzipan takes Miss Piggy's place in the sketch. The paitient is Lips, who doesn't even know why he's in the sketch.

Song
Because Strong Sad refuses to Irish dance blinfolded while being shot at by pistols, he leads Janice, Lips and Zoot through the song "Bad Day".

Balcony
Statler: It's almost impossible to do that here.
Waldorf: What? Sing a song?
Statler: No, turn anything better!
(they laugh)

Closing Number
Marzipan and Strong Sad sing a beautiful renditon of "Yesterday I Loved You" from Once Upon a Mattress, while being backed up by the Muppet Orchestra.

Goodnights
Marzipan and Strong Sad are joined by Kermit, Janice, Zoot, Lips and Sweetums.

Balcony
(Statler and Waldorf take off their heads, reavealing it to be Miss Piggy and Gonzo.)
Gonzo: You think they bought it?