1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Jim Henson's Musical World at Carnegie Hall

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Apr 13, 2012.

1. DyHrdMET

DyHrdMET New Member

I was there for the 3:30 show yesterday. AWESOME to see the characters and human actors from Sesame Street there. Seeing a few comments from people who waited for the stars after the show, I wish I had thought to do the same.

I wrote a review based on my best recollection for my blog, with a few pictures.
    http://dyhrdmet.blogspot.com/2012/04/muppets-take-manhattan.html
    misspiggy101 likes this.
  2. Kelonzi

Kelonzi New Member

Okay! Sleep helped jog my memory! Well, that plus the hubby who evidently has a better memory that I. And I had my pen. To write things down.

Did I actually write anything down though?? lol

See, it seems I experienced a phenomenon ("doo-doo... doo-doo-doo...") yesterday that I can only call Muppet-Induced Amnesia. The best definition I can give is "one is put in such a state of euphoria over seeing his or her childhood heroes that he or she loses all control of basic motor skills. Reading... writing... remembering... all out the window!" :flirt:

Specific songs to fill in some blanks from other reports:

Sesame Street Songs & Medley-- "The People In Your Neighborhood" / "One Fine Face" / "C is for Cookie" / "I Love Trash" / "Rubber Ducky"

Muppets Songs & Medley-- "Just One Person", "Being Green" then "The Muppet Show Theme" / "Mahna Mahna"/"Moving Right Along"/"Happy Feet"/"Together Again"

My husband also hasn't been able to stop raving about our balcony seats in the second show as that gave us the chance to enjoy the show PLUS watch the Muppeteers in action. I think one of the things that always struck me about Jim's team was how much fun they had together. Being able to glimpse moments like Steve cracking up Kevin during "Rubber Ducky", Karen Prell on cloud 9 working with Red, and the huge grin on Kevin's face as he operated the Snowths and Dr. Teeth... it's just beyond words. At several points in both shows you could just feel Jim's spirit in the room. We've been without him for over 20 years now, but he lives on in the people he inspired and the characters he poured so many hours of love into creating.
  3. Scott Harris

Scott Harris New Member

I just wanted to add that I saw this concert by myself yesterday, and after it was over, my greatest wish was that I could have shared it with someone, because I loved it so. Coming on here and reading so many other people's thoughts and responses has been wonderful! So glad everyone felt just as I did. What a great show!
    KermieBaby47 and Cindy like this.
  4. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Found a video of "Rainbow Connection":

5. MuppetLabsBoy

MuppetLabsBoy Member

It really was a great show. I was at the 12:30 one, so not that many people came out of the stage door. I did manage to get a picture with Bill Barretta as he was walking by, and I got a picture with Jerry Nelson as well. He was very nice and signed several autographs for different people and also took a bunch of people. While I was waiting at the stage door, Steven Reineke (the conductor) came out and waved to everyone.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  6. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Wow...wish I could have been able to go to this. The more I read the more magical the experience sounds. Those of you who did get to go were truly blessed. It sounds like a once in a lifetime experience...still holding out hope that someone made an official recording of this, but still happy to see the snippets we have seen. Thanks to everyone who shared.
  7. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Yesterday was an absolute dream to see this show. Not only did I get to see all the wonderful characters on stage, hearing those songs sung live was amazing. I was also lucky to have met many of the performers and Sesame cast after the show. After being a fan 34 years now, I am blessed to say I have now met the original 3 cast members of Sesame Street who are still on to this day: Carroll Spinney, Loretta Long and Bob McGrath.
    I was at the 3:30 show, but my fiancee and I were hanging by the stage door from 11 AM and it was well worth it. Jerry Nelson and his lovely wife Jan came by and sat and hung out with us for 20 minutes talking. It was a unbelievable experience for me. Was also lucky enough to meet Roscoe Orman, John Tartaglia, Paul Williams and see Bill Barretta again who recognized me and gave me a big hug, Leslie Carrera-Rudolph recognized me, and Dave Goelz recognized me from when we met at the Henson film festival in Huntington on Long Island several years back. I was stunned that he accidentally interrupted me when I went over to say "Hi" and pointed at me and said "I KNOW YOU". Meeting these people and seeing them perform live all together was sheer joy, and a truly emotional experience for me. I am not too proud to admit I cried through the whole show. There was also SO much to look at. Between the orchestra, the puppeteers performing (we sat on the second tier to the left of the stage and got to see the performers behind the curtains), to the footage on the screens, etc. It was a treat for the eyes and ears. A day I will never forget.
    Nasubionna, Yorick, ploobis and 6 others like this.
  8. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Wow you lucky duck you!

Were the performers and Muppeteers very nice?

Did you ask them some questions?

Did they like you?

Did you have fun there too?
  9. MelissaY1

Everyone was amazingly nice. I seemed to get very warm reactions from everyone so I hope they liked me! lol
    Yorick, ploobis and Collgoff like this.
  10. capman

capman New Member

MelissaY1, I am very thrilled for you as you see, you fared better than I did at a fraction of the cost! I am happy for you.
  11. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

Wow! It would have been so so SO amazing to have been there! Really really amazing.

Did 'they' film it? I really hope this gets a DVD release.
  12. MelissaY1

I've heard it was not filmed because of some kind of union conflict, legal issues, etc. But a lot of people who snuck in filming have posted clips online already
    ploobis likes this.
  13. MelissaY1

Thanks and it was nice to say "Hi" to you. You had the red beard, right with the cab driver's cap? I saw you as we were going to our seats I think. What was the after party like?
  14. zns

zns Active Member

Hopefully it was filmed. We'll just have to wait and see. But the clips people have already posted are just wonderful.
  15. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It was not filmed, apparently. Shame, it seems like a perfect PBS concert special.
    BobThePizzaBoy likes this.
  16. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

They are all so nice!!! :)
  17. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

18. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Love, love, love, love, LOVE this video blog! Saw it on Facebook earlier and became so jealous but so proud of you for being there and passing on our thoughts and thanks to those Muppet guys!!!
  19. capman

capman New Member

Hi MelissaY1, sadly, due to my own ingorane to ask what you and everyone else looked like, I did not meet anyone. I am sorry I didn't. I would post a picture of me with John T, but I need to embed it. Please tell me more about how was meeting Jerry and the other members.

As far as the afterparty goes, it was a HUGE misrepresentation in a three page e-mail I wrote to 10 staff members last night. While I was stuck in a room with parents and kids making decorative cookies, all of you womderful fans got to meet your heroes. That's right, not one of them showed up. It was not until 5:20 or so I said" oh crap, get to the back of the stage door" and I was thrilled to meet Roscoe for 6 -7 minutes of talking and Kevin for 30 seconds as he was in a hurry. That almost made up for it. I asked Roscoe about what was the feeling when shooting "xmas eve on sesame street" and said Jon Stone was a "pure genius" and went on about the shooting.

I would love to post the letter here, but i think this may not be the right palce for it, but in a nutshell, i asked them to do what is right and refund me $85 out of the $125 I paid ( since I said the ticket alone of the fantastic show was worth not $20, but $40). To my surprise, they are refunding me back the whole $125 and they want me to keep the gift bag!

They stated in my e-mail " We are all so sorry to learn of your disappointment that none of the artists attended the Family Party afterward. Although this may not alter your view, New York Pops Music Director Stephen Reineke did in fact attend.

We did invite many of the artists from Jim Henson’s Musical World to attend the post-concert Notables Family Party. Artists frequently attend post-concert Notables events and many of the artists from Saturday’s performances were confirmed as attending, so it was our belief that they would be at the party. Aside from Stephen Reineke, unfortunately none of the other artists decided to attend our event. It was certainly never our intention to mislead you, and we are very sorry that you felt let down.

I won't complain much because I did get to meet and take a picture with Frank Oz in Oct. ( a dream). But i won't stop until I meet Jerry and the rest of the original cast of SS ( Susan, Bob and Maria).
  20. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I have a funny story about MelissaY1 from that day:

Her and I were talking and catching up. She had told me she had seen Jerry earlier. All of a sudden, she kicks my leg and yells, "Dave!" and points behind me just in time to see Jerry! I got to meet him and get a picture with him thanks to her! She apologized for kicking me, but I said, "Hey, if it's a chance to meet Jerry Nelson, you could have punched me in the back of my head for all I care!".
    Yorick, ploobis, Cindy and 2 others like this.