Work in Progress: Skeksis costume

Alberic

Reaction score

Alberic

Reaction score
Yay, finished sculpting the head.
The major problem I have with it is that it's too elongated, it seems stretched horizontally, but overall I'm satisfied.

Reaction score
I Would Love To See A Costume Like That! Maybe You Could Fashion Some Pvc Piping That Would Fit (over 1/2 Your Chest Then The Other 1/2 Over Your Back) Attached To The Headpiece To Take The Weight Off Your Arms (ie: Carrying The Weight On Your Shoulders Like The Guys In The Movie Did. Looks Like You've Got A Good Start There. Good Luck!

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
OMG it is ALL so amazing- im an artist, well, animator- and im always trying to reproduce little ornaments and I can never get it right....im v jealous....you ever thought about making some stuff to sell?

Alberic

Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments :smile:

And yes Maniacal Muppet, this is the first Muppet-related thing I've done (or actually am still doing)

Had enough time to continue working on the Skeksis for the first time in months.

Made a 2 piece mold (have a picture on my phone, but can't find the cable)
Because the two pieces didn't fit together perfectly, I closed up the gaps in the seam with some more plaster.
I poured latex in and slushed it around until a sufficient thickness was reached, poured it out and filled the mold with the skin up with PU foam.
After demolding, the result looked something like this:
http://i18.tinypic.com/6c6j4b4.jpg
Now to paint it, and to get the eyes in.

Hmm, I don;t think selling it would be all that legal Scottishpiggy, what with the copyright not belonging to me...
And anyway, the mold cracked on too many places to repair nicely when I took out the head.