Who's voicing Ernie here?

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I found this video of a show at Sea World:
. Does anyone know who did Ernie's voice for it? It sounds nothing like Steve or John.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Artie maybe?

I dunno... to my ears, it DOES sound like Steve in some parts, but at other times, it sounds similar to Artie's Kermit, so I'm not sure.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Artie maybe?

I dunno... to my ears, it DOES sound like Steve in some parts, but at other times, it sounds similar to Artie's Kermit, so I'm not sure.
You have a point. Muppet Wiki says the show premiered in 2009, the year Artie preformed Kermit a couple times. Maybe we can get confirmation from Artie if he did it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well then, again, all I can say is that Artie REALLY does NOT deserve the flack he's been getting. I mean, we gave Steve a chance when we lost Jim, and he's managed to keep Kermit and Ernie alive all these years... Steve Whitmire isn't Jim Henson, but that doesn't mean he's better, or worse, just different. Likewise, Artie Esposito isn't Steve Whitmire, and he isn't better or worse, just different, and personally, I think he does a pretty good job at Kermit and Ernie; Kermit has a really unique voice, because his rather close to Jim's natural voice (I know what that's like, I have to be really conscious while performing Steve D'Monster since his voice is close to my own as well), and it's not an easy task to try to replicate that, and considering that Kermit IS the center of the Muppet universe, those are some REALLY big shoes to fill, so it's probably harrowing enough just trying to perform Kermit without people bashing you and telling you you did a terrible job.

Again, I think Artie does just fine, in fact, I think his Kermit actually sounds pretty similar to Jim's in a way, so I don't see what people's issue is, if it's simply because he's not Steve, without even remembering that Steve was not Jim either.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think the main reason he got flack was because it was totally unexpected. Like literally, out of the blue and for no real reason. We were expecting Steve and when we got Artie instead, of course we reacted badly. Though to be fair, we were more concerned with what happened to Steve.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
We were expecting Steve and when we got Artie instead, of course we reacted badly.
In some cases people who liked him were told they must not want the Muppets to be good, lol. :confused: (Not you Oscarfan, just in general, hehe).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think the main reason he got flack was because it was totally unexpected. Like literally, out of the blue and for no real reason. We were expecting Steve and when we got Artie instead, of course we reacted badly. Though to be fair, we were more concerned with what happened to Steve.
It was the other shoe waiting to drop that bugged us. Nothing was happening with Steve that we know of, and it was just those two times. But let's just say Steve's not going to be around forever, so I guess they were trying with a back up just in case. Other than the fact it caught us off guard, I agree there was no call to give someone who's life long dream was to work for the Muppets flack for fulfilling it.

I think more of us were annoyed by Disney at that point. We thought they were doing something underhanded.

MWoO

Reaction score
If this is Artie doing Ernie's voice then he's pretty good. At least the voice is good. My main issue with Artie's Kermit was the puppetry and Kermit's singing voice. Steve has made Kermit into a rather good singer. Jim could carry a tune but not to the extent Steve can. Artie was not that great, though to be fair the song wasn't either. It's possible with work Artie could one day take over for Steve and if he does I hope Steve is involved in the transfer to help guide and coach him. I still think of Steve as the kid of the group but he's 53. In a few years it will be time to start looking for an understudy.