When the Muppets Flopped?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I know a few people who really, really like Muppets From Space, so I can't say that flopped, really.

Kermit's Swamp Years I don't think really flopped considering I think it was made specifically for a younger audience (and Bill's character and that french rabbit guy always crack me up... just can't remember their names:stick_out_tongue: ). "Oui oui, poo-poo!"

I find most Muppet productions that I don't like the first time I watch them tend to grow on me eventually (like the two already mentioned). None more-so than The Muppet Valentine Show and (going to get heat for this) The Muppet Musicians of Bremen, both of which I'm still not 100% fond of.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I totally agree with you on the fact of the Valentine Show and Musicians of Bremen, they just arent really good. Esp. Bremen, its too weird, and unlike the Muppets in my opinion, that special scared me as a child when it aired on Nickelodeon. :eek: :embarrassed:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I love Musicians of Bremen, those perhaps it's a bit too long. The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show is a bit dated, with all those '70s hits. But I always think it's funny. :mad:

I didn't enjoy the Muppet Valentine Show; Sex and Violence was more witty and fast paced.

Muppets From Space was definitely a flop, in my opinion. I can't watch it for more than 2 seconds. And it hasn't exactly gone on to be a classic.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I for one love MFS. I mean, it's not the best, and it's not my favorite, but it's good. I mean, c'mon when you see Muppets playing cards in their cute little P.J.'s how can you not gush?

But KSY...*shudder* They could have done SO much with that, and it flopped. I mean sure, we had Bill there to make us laugh, but there was no heart, a plot that could have been JILLIONS of times better, and TWO of the core Muppet performers, which always bothered me.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
heralde said:
Sex and Violence was more witty and fast paced...
You know what floored me to heck with Sex and Violence? It was the Swedish Chef sketches--with CHINESE SUBTITLES! BWAHAHAHAH!! OH, thinking about it makes me chortle like mad!

Pork

Reaction score
Yeah KSY wasn't very good. Also VMC....I didn't like that one...it had it's moments I supppose. But meh. not enough.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree
Oh gosh, I couldn't agree with you more. I haven't seen a stranger christmas special in all my life.

thefozz

Reaction score
The last two TV specials -- a Very Merry Christmas and Wizard of Oz -- both rank very low on my list and were dissapointments.

Pork

Reaction score
I havn't seen wizard of Oz. But from what I hear of it, it's not really worth seeing.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Oh gosh, I couldn't agree with you more. I haven't seen a stranger christmas special in all my life.
It was indeed strange, I thought when I was little Mr. Willowby was Doc from FR. I fell asleep in the middle of the special, and I still do. Its very bizzare.