What Ever Happened To Grover?

Reaction score
First, by the way, I'm new here. I love Sesame Street and always have. I want to know, however, what the heck happened to Grover?! :mad: Since when is Elmo the best? The older (older for me is like early 90's.) shows were the best. Why did they have to change? Since when does Elmo deserve half the show, and Grover gets less than 5 minutes? Poor Grover will always be the best monster in my heart, and I hope to see more of my favorite furry blue monster. Does anyone know where I can see the "older" shows? Thanks so much! :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There's supposed to be a more prominent feature of classic characters.

SuPOSED to be. :smile:

Welcome to MC!!

FOZ

ssetta

Reaction score
I have a bunch of early 90s episodes on tape.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been wondering though...is it true what's been said about Grover's fur being browninsh-green in Season 1, and if so, does anyone have a picture?

ssetta

Reaction score
Yes, that is very true. He had a much deeper voice, and he wasn't even called Grover until the 2nd season when he became blue.

Ryan

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Yes, that is very true. He had a much deeper voice, and he wasn't even called Grover until the 2nd season when he became blue.
He was usually referred to as Fuzzy Face back then. I even made a green Grover puppet a few weeks ago! I;ll try to get a pic of the real Grover puppet soon. :smile:

Splurge

Reaction score
Ryan said:
He was usually referred to as Fuzzy Face back then. I even made a green Grover puppet a few weeks ago! I;ll try to get a pic of the real Grover puppet soon. :smile:
That green Grover even existed before Sesame Street as one of the scary monsters. In an Ed Sullivan skit he was called "Gleep", and even though he was voiced by Frank Oz, he sounded more like Fozzie.

In another instance, he was done by Henson.