What Episodes would you have wanted on an extra 5-disc Best of TMS set?

cjd874

Reaction score
So Muppet Wiki says that after Time-Life released the 15 DVDs called The Best of the Muppet Show (with 3 episodes per DVD), Columbia was going to re-release the whole set and add another 5 DVDs with different episodes, but it never happened due to the Muppets becoming Disney's property.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Best_of_the_Muppet_Show

Does anyone know what episodes were going to be on these 5 extra volumes? If not, here's another question: which 15 MS episodes would you have liked to have seen on these DVDs?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have no idea if there were any plans for an episode line-up for volumes 16-20, but I'll make a list of what I would have wanted before the season sets came out.

Volume 16: Ethel Merman/ Loretta Switt/ Hal Linden
Volume 17: Linda Lavin/ Leo Sayer/ Phyllis George
Volume 18: Melissa Manchester/ Connie Stevens/ Leslie Ann Warren
Volume 19: Kris Kristofferson &Rit Coolidge/ Kaye Ballard/ Judy Collins
Volume 20: Roger Miller/ Shirley Bassey/ Zero Mostel

I wanted to list what character design sketches I would have wanted, but I don't know off-hand what design sketches were in what DVD (I know none of the have sketches for Lips, Trumpet Girl, either Jugband, or Fleet Scribbler). Before I got the first three season sets those would have been episodes I wanted to see (and I had seen some of the episodes I listed). After
Having the season sets there are quite a few episodes I really like that I wasn't expecting to like so much, but ironically I didn't see them until I got them on the season sets, so it migh have been useless to list them.

cjd874

Reaction score
Here's what I would have wanted:

Volume 16: Avery Schreiber/ Leo Sayer/ Gladys Knight
Volume 17: Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolidge/ Christopher Reeve/ Dizzy Gillespie
Volume 18: Paul Williams/ Melissa Manchester/ Zero Mostel
Volume 19: Alan Arkin/ Ruth Buzzi/ Judy Collins
Volume 20: Don Knotts/ Buddy Rich/ Ethel Merman

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I wonder if Time-Life could get in a deal with Disney and release the last two TMS seasons on DVD.