What do YOU do with broken figures?

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
As a kid, I used them as "battle damaged casualties..." But with this line not being very "combat ready" that's not an option so much. Here's what I am doing...

So far the only truly broken figures have both been my fault, and I have been able to replace them with half priced figures (both of them were PIS figs, not piggy).

With my Strangepork, I got a busted off left hand, trying to force the joint (in my opinion, even against advice, I am NOW freezing figures to firm up ojints before trying some gentle turning). I wracked my brains trying to come up with a use for this busted fig. Well, since I am currently in production stages of my own Twisted Muppet Theatre (think Toyfare, almost exactly. I can't help it, it's a good idea) I am always looking for extra characters to fill my cast out. So I am using him for a mod that I am naming Professor Schlomoe Badpork. He is Julius' Evil Cousin who is green, with tusks, and I am working on modular hands for him to have. Might pirate parts from a TrapJaw MOTU fig, but I don't know. His outfits different as well and I am working on a cape for him...

For Link, I am turning him into a "plains clothes version." I am debating whether or not to give him a stubbly look when I repaint him (think just a discoloration like Fred Flinstone). Anyway, sculpting over those darn gloves is MURDER!!! And that stupid neck thing!! It looks good on him until you try and make him be OUT of that outfit!!! Anyway, he's getting modded cause I broke his cape string (neck) trying to remove it. Stupid me.

The other fig that broke is Polly Lobster's neck joint. Pretty much out of the box. I am not griping aobut this cause I am going to buy another Smollet and mod him into a fighting monk of some sort (if you carve off his outer jacket, it's not too hard to imagine). So I am trying to come up with a way to use Stikfas parts to mod Polly into an AWESOMELY articulated figure!!! HAHAHAHAHA... Soon my pets... SOON!!!

Anyway, that was pretty longwinded... What have YOU mugs done???

The Narrator

Reaction score
Cap Backfire said:
Anyway, that was pretty longwinded... What have YOU mugs done???
When my last Link figure broke--and doing webcomics with figs will lead to broken figs--I followed a very similar path as you, Cap. Since I wanted to add to the cast of Pork Factor 9 I decided to work on a "Mirror Universe" (you Trekkies know what I'm talkin' 'bout) Link, aka Ham Singular.

Unfortunately, I'm still learning methods of toy mods and the first attempt at evil Link ended up as sort of the blob. Hasn't stopped me from going out and purchasing new figs of Link and Strangepork for the purpose of modification, though.

Be sure to let us know when your comic is up! :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, a few broke, all because of my fault... they fell on the floor.

The lab table from the Muppet labs set was the only one I didn't attempt to fix.

However, Rizzo fell to the floor and his left ear broke off, but I was able to fix it with... of all things... Elmer's school glue. As long as I handle it delicately, nothing will happen.

The right arm of my "Marley brother" Waldrof fell of, becaue... it too fell to the floor. A little superglue, and a little delicacy and it's all bueno....

The only other break I had that was in the package was with the guitar and amp with Floyd. but I was gonna cut it off anyway.... though at the guitar, not at the amp....

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
The only broken figures ive had so far is cliffords microphone stand falling onto the floor along with clifford and me riding my chair over it accidentally. I managed to fix the stand with plastic model glue, you can barely see it had broke.

Beth C

Reaction score
Well, I've got something that broke..

Miss Piggy's dressing room table. The legs broke off. :frown:

It's still in pieces. I haven't tried to repair it.

~Beth C

jediX

Reaction score
I've yet to actually "break" a Muppet figure, but numerous of my Marvel/LOTR figs have gotten severed limbs (Toy Biz really is crap when it comes to durability). I just try and glue the part back on and if that doesn't work, I'll get another if it was important.

BornBlue

Reaction score
When I get broken fingers, I usually bandage them up or get the doctor to put a cast on th... oh wait... you said broken FIGURES?

Oh... sorry

Eaglekiller

Reaction score
My Janice's leg broke right off at the hip two days ago. If I glue her she will forever be standing up-if the glue holds.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Regular Pepe took a dive off the shelf and his foot broke off, but there was luckily one more left at the store, so I traded with them.

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
More drama...

So there's MORE drama concerning something unforseen going on up Janice's skirt??? Sheesh... HAHAHAHAA :big_grin:

Hey Narrator, thanks alot. I will be letting you folks know. When I get DSL I will be checking out Pork Factor 9 (hope I got that right) for now my connection is dismally slow and it takes me 15 minutes to post anything here (part of why I am so longwinded...) So anyway, there's that.

I will be trying to hit your site when I have some free time and will send you high accolades afterwards. This stuff takes TIME!!

I have help and am starting construction on an actual HOUSE this weekend for my Muppet Show. I'm still working on a name, but my series will mainly deal with their day to day lives, and not really with the show... Although I plan to get some use out of teh playsets for sure... SO maybe they WILL Be at work as well as home... Anyway, talk to you guys later... I was hoping for some more ideas for broken figs... Especially since mine were all my fault as well... Sheesh...

Later!!!