were there any muppets who cursed?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fireimps87
except for Janice in TGMC? and Greg the Bunny and Crank Yankers dont count cause they are not muppets.
if you checl put the 1st season of saturday night live when jim henson and his team were first doing the muppets, they curse a lot...well maybe not a lot but they do curse..

ryan

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Well, they all sing "I must be a h/e/l/l of a man". This includes Link, Fozzie, Gonzo, Zoot, Beauregard, Scooter, Rowlf, Lew Zealand, Annie Sue, Camilla, and I think a couple of rats. The one you can hear best is Fozzie, actually.
I didn't know that. Did they really say it or just spell it out like you did? Also, someone mentioned at the "Jump the Shark" site that Fozzie might have said the "d" word after a production of Oklahoma. Is that true? Lol. It seems like Fozzie's the one with the dirtiest mouth.

Another thing that should probably be mentioned here is Kermit saying "one of those jack@$$ things" when he was on the Craig Kilbourn show.

CousinLuke

Reaction score
Well, they all sing "I must be a h/e/l/l of a man". This includes Link, Fozzie, Gonzo, Zoot, Beauregard, Scooter, Rowlf, Lew Zealand, Annie Sue, Camilla, and I think a couple of rats. The one you can hear best is Fozzie, actually.

I had only heard the song on Muppet central radio. sorry.

Another thing that should probably be mentioned here is Kermit saying "one of those jack@$$ things" when he was on the Craig Kilbourn show.
You could probably say he was just saying a name of a popular TV show.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I see. I didn't know there was a TV show with that name, but I'll take your word for it.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth

Now, in my opinion "sucks"{ is not a swear or curse, unless you ad a certain word that rhymes with "Nick"
thats not a swear either but its bad

beaker

Reaction score
This thread is too much...I mean what the heck is the point of this thread? Trying to go over 50 years of JHC looking for some G rated swear words?

1. The term "sucks", in any stretch of the imagination is not only not a swear word, but isnt much of anything. Period.

2. It's not so much that the Muppets have occationally used G/pg rated swear words...its more suggestive/reference themes.
For instance getting drunk(Land of Gorch), brutal beatdowns(that one sketch on Sex and Violence), capping someone in the head(that 60's meat commercial), more excessive drunk consumption(Animal funnel chugging in VMC), lots of references to various sex stuff(JHH, MT), etc.

3. Who the $##%#$% cares...you'll never hear em say anything over a PG swear, or say anything totally aggregious.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm pretty risque because I have never found the words da*n, h*ll, sucks or jacka** to be swearing unless they are pointed at a person or in the spirit of namecalling. I don't think the Muppets ever used them that way. (i.e. d*** you, go to h***, you s*** or you are a j******. We do bleep out certain words on the forum because we can't ensure they are used correctly, but you get my point. The Muppets (when they rarely say these words) just throw them out there. Not really loaded and not pointed at people.

In using such words (even innoent ones), it's one thing to say them, and another to use them against people.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
In the song "Happiness Hotel". the gang sings that the "whole joints gone to he**!"

Funny that word made it into the movie, but can't be typed here.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I guess I'm pretty risque because I have never found the words da*n, h*ll, sucks or jacka** to be swearing unless they are pointed at a person or in the spirit of namecalling. I don't think the Muppets ever used them that way. (i.e. d*** you, go to h***, you s*** or you are a j******. We do bleep out certain words on the forum because we can't ensure they are used correctly, but you get my point. The Muppets (when they rarely say these words) just throw them out there. Not really loaded and not pointed at people.
I agree. In fact when Janice said that "the joints gone to he**," it really wasn't used as a swear word in that context, even though some people say it is.

CousinLuke

Reaction score

Most people consider words like D--m, A--,B----h, and H--l curseing if you do not use them for biblical (with D and H)or animal (A for donkey or B for female dog) uses. Janice was using the H word in the correct context. Long John in MTI was not.

"I'll be his..." (Rowlf hits a loud, sour note and adds, "Welcome to family programming"
This would not have technically been curseing because the singer was a female dog.