Weezer enter UK chart No.29

mattyboy

Reaction score
Weezer's song 'keep fishin' has debuted in the UK chart at Number 29. Not bad but when I went looking for the CD I couldn't find it anywhere, I didn't even know it was out. Does the UK CD feature the video with the Muppets?

Luke

Reaction score
Yes, CD1 features the video in Quicktime format. I know the chart position isn't the best but if (unfortuntely) it does go down in the charts instead of up, at least you'll be able to pick up the CD a bit cheaper ! (if you can find it)

mattyboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I think the reason is that it didn't do well is because not many people knew it was out. It's so weird because going through the music channels, the video is always on.

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
I think if Weezer Tours in the UK it'd pick up sales. Esp. if they do a couple of tour dates w/ Muppet appearances! Or at least a couple of Penguins flying, right?! :big_grin:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
People for some reason associate the White Stripes with Weezer (I don't know why, they don't sound a thing alike). The White Stripes are like music icons over in the UK (so I've heard), so I guess if logic follows, Weezer should be idolized as well. :smile:

-Matt

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
If anything, the White Stripes are in the same category with The Strokes but not Weezer. UK, come on!!

But either way, if you latch onto Weezer in the UK, maybe they can get their fill of Changing Rooms and check out some Gen-U-ine puppetry fun!!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Heh, yeah that's what I said...This is the basic flow chart of alternative progression:

White Stripes - The Strokes - The Hives - Redd Kross...then it trails off into weird hybrid bands, its insanity! :big_grin:

-Matt