Website Widget For Puppet Builders on Etsy

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I'm in the final stages of preparing to re-launch PuppetBuilding.com. One of the features I'm looking in to adding on some pages are really nicely formatted and attractive listings of puppets for sale on ebay and etsy. There are lots of ways to do this easily with ebay, but when it comes to Etsy not so much.

Etsy doesn't seem to provide many tools or widgets to help people listings. I think you can create some widgets for your own listings if you are an Etsy seller, but there is no way for someone like me to do it who isn't a member. I've been looking in to the Etsy API (basically a system that allows web developers to create programs that can interact with Etsy) and I've been thinking of developing a little widget for PuppetBuilding.com that would display random puppets for sale on Etsy.

I thought other people might be interested in having this on their site and help promote people selling handmade puppets on Etsy on puppet web sites and blogs. Originally I was planning to just write a custom program for PuppetBuilding.com, but it will only be a little more work to develop something that works with Wordpress, Blogger, etc.

I'm posting this on a few puppetry sites to see if there is some interest in this please let me know and I will investigate it further. One caveat is that unfortunately I can't put any kind of guaranteed timeline on this. Most of my spare time is consumed with PuppetBuilding.com and PuppetVision at the moment, but I'll try to look in to the Etsy API some more and come up with something in a few weeks if there seems to be some interest.

Melonpool

Reaction score
I would put this up in Melonpool.com if it were available. My hope is to get that updating again with puppet stuff and comics this summer.

Steve