Was Harvey Kneeslapper really in How to Be a Grouch?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Recently I found a copy of the book Sesame Street Treasury at the store. I didn't buy it, but looked through it. It's basically a 40th anniversary collection of various Sesame Street books over the years. One of the stories included is How to Be a Grouch.

I had read at the Harvey Kneeslapper page on Muppet Wiki that this was among the characters book appearances. I looked throughout the book, but didn't see him anywhere. So, was this a contributor mistake at Muppet Wiki, or did I just not look hard enough (there weren't many scenes with crowds of characters, and the biggest crowd scene appears to be a drawing of a line of characters), or might the Sesame Street Treasury have just altered the arwork/left part of the book out (I don't remember reading this book as a child, and also just looked at the Treasury in the store)?

gonzofan13

Reaction score
I think the page got ripped out. I have the book and its under "people who think they are funny but aren't."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think the page got ripped out. I have the book and its under "people who think they are funny but aren't."
I don't remember seeing that. But when I looked at this, in the Sesame Street Treasury 40th anniversary collection, it was a new copy at Meijer. It'd be terrible if a page was ripped out before anybody bought it (I can't remember if the pages are numbered or not).