1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Vivendi to release new Fraggle Rock DVDs and other Henson Classics

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Here it is...

2. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Your welcome Plaid Fraggle!
    Even though the picture isn't that good but it's a good video.
  3. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I hope they don't make Henson have to edit Muppets out. I liked Lionsgate. They were able to release all these Henson productions and the keep the Muppet characters in them.
  4. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I hope that someone posts up the whole thing of Jim Henson's induction to the Television Hall of Fame from 1987 up on Youtube.
    Phillip likes this.
  5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder if the recent Fraggle Rock music video with Ben Fold Five will be included on one of the rereleases.
    BooberGypsy likes this.
  6. BooberGypsy

BooberGypsy Member

I have all of Fraggle Rock on DVD but the first two box sets are by Hit and the last two are by Lionsgate... I am SO re-buying these!
  7. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

They're still gonna do that Doozer show? Eeeesh. I was kinda hoping that got buried under a bunch of... Marjory. :smirk:
  8. ncchuck

ncchuck Active Member

I bought the first 3 season from hit and the last from lionsgate, i had the first complete 20 dvd boxset but the stupid thing fell apart just sitting on the shelf and the disc were bad to scratch so i sold it to amazon.
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Now now... anything that could revitalize the franchise needs the benefit of the doubt. JHC's digital shows have been pretty good so far (I rather like Dinosaur Train). Too bad that it's only going to be European unless someone in the US gets a hand on it. I'd love for PBS to air the show.

Plus... New Doozer merchandise. Can't beat that with a stick.
  10. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

I don't feel the show needs revitalization. It's as only as uhh... vitalized as one feels it is. I'm crazy like that though.

Plus, naming a doozer Baxter doesn't exactly make sense... unless there's a tool or something called a baxter. Is there? I guess I could do some research. :smirk:
  11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I kinda think that the Doozer series might turn out as something good for JHC. If we can get kids interested in Dozzer characters, then that might also lead to more interest in FR. If we can get somewhat of a revived interest in FR, maybe something, whether it's only a few online videos, might come out of it.
  12. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet but Vivendi has released the complete Fraggle Rock series on YouTube as pay-to-watch features ($29.99 per season, $1.99 per episode) If they would bring it back on Netflix that would be great, but it's only wishful thinking.
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

So far, no word on bonus features. What's the deal with that, then? How is this going to make me not track down the three other DVD sets I don't have yet vs buying the new ones?
  14. Bliffenstimmers

Please tell me I'm not the only one who noticed this.

I want you to take a fine look at this boxart for one of the upcoming Fraggle Rock season sets. Notice something strange about Philo and Gunge?

Are they rebuilt posers? They look rather off compared to their TV originals. Right away you can tell their colors are different. Philo's fur is more purple than... that brownish red color... burgundy? And Gunge seems to have a stronger hint of green in his fur. You might also notice his eyelids are usually raised higher than what you see on this cover.

But enough of my geekery. I don't mind, I think they look good enough, there's just some errors I wanted to nitpick on.

The descriptions on Muppet Wiki lead me to believe that they'll just have the same features as before.
  15. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

On Amazon, the complete box set is listed as having 22 discs. The most recent box set has 20 discs, 4 of episodes and 1 of episodes per season (as filmed). The animated series had 2 discs, 1 with episodes and 1 with a few more eps plus extras. So, the total number of discs remains the same. So, how likely is it that they'll swap out extras rather than just copying the fifth disc of each season? I wouldn't bet money on it.

The more I look at the third season DVD cover the weirder it looks. Philo and Gunge do look a little off-model, as if they'd been Photoshopped to amp up their colors and give them more "interesting" expressions and remove their hindquarters. The Boober looks like a mashup of several common poser pics I've seen, but I don't have them in front of me so I can't compare them side by side. I do notice that his lighting is dreadfully inconsistent--from the right on his body and tail, from the left on his limbs and face, and look at the difference between the mellow shadow on his legs and right arm and the harsh shadow on his left arm and tail. Ouch! And is he trying to hatch that rock the way Wembley hatched the Tree Creature egg? ;)
    Bliffenstimmers likes this.
  16. Bliffenstimmers

You do make some good points there Slackbot... should've done my research. :o
  17. Slackbot

Oof. The more I look at that pic of Boober the worse it gets. Look at that left arm. It's broken in the middle, obciously collaged from two different poser pics, the shading on the upper arm is awful (the light is coming from below!) and it's attached too low on his body. And because the fingers are kind of blurred together he seems to be flipping the viewer off. I hope that that's not final art.

One kind thing I can say about it, though: after seeing that pic I don't feel so bad about the huge hobbit feet I put on my Boober puppet.

Hey, dum-dum, don't you mean "4 of episodes and 1 of extras"?
  18. MuppetGeek

MuppetGeek Member

I got seasons 1 2 and 3 but the 4 and 5 boxset is not yet released in Ireland or the UK. I got mine on Amazon.co.uk and they dont have the last boxset of 4 and 5 so i hope they release these in the UK and Ireland
  19. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Artwork for "30th Anniversary Collection"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Looks nice :D
    Mister Muppet and charlietheowl like this.
  20. Slackbot

Poor Mo...no, wait, there she is on the cover of the box set. In a pose that we haven't seen on every other piece of merchandise there is, no less. Cool.

The keychain is OK, if you like teeny-weeny plushies. The "graphic novel" looks more like a comic book to me. If I buy this thing, it'll be because they've got some knock-your-socks-off extras on the fifth discs.
    BobThePizzaBoy likes this.