VERY special guest on tonight's Farscape

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Hey, all, just a quick reminder to Farscape fans not to miss tonight's episode. If you haven't seen the previews, I won't spoil it for you, but suffice it to say a VERY important character returns in tonight's episode. :smile:

Let us know what you think!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great update Tom! I'll check it out in an hour.

Let us know what you think of the episode.

beaker

Reaction score
was it a skeksis? j/k At least they referenced Dark Crystal on there, hehe. Ok, so who was the guest???

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Well, the show has already aired now, so I guess there's no harm in revealing a few details...though I'll leave some space if people want to turn back now...(A review also follows.)
Still with me?

OK, it was KERMIT!!!

Just kidding. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously, though, it was Zhaan (Virginia Hey), the original cast member who was killed off at the beginning of last season. As it turns out, she existed only in a computer simulation created by her one-time love, Stark (Paul Goddard). Still, the episode was a lot of fun -- lots of good humor, and very visually interesting. They borrowed from everything from Alice to Wonderland to Monty Python and the Holy Grail to Max Headroom. And did anyone else immediately think of Sir Didymus in Labyrinth when the diminutive Rygel stood there in a knight's uniform and commanded, "None shall pass!"? :smile: The whole episode played like a dream, which is part of what made it so interesting to watch.

Also, Ben Browder (series star and writer of this episode) used this setting as a chance to reprise a lot of characters, not just Zhaan. Stark, Gillina (from "PK Tech Girl" and the "Nerve/Hidden Memory" 2-parter from Season 1), "Harvey" and even Jool were welcome sights to this viewer, who feels the show's writers and producers got rid of too many characters lately, only to replace them with characters nearly identical but somehow less interesting. This was a nice "nostalgia" episode. (I could have done without the weird, kinky scene with the fake D'Argo "eating" Jool, though.) This is the first time all season everyone seems like they're having fun. Usually when a star decides to write an episode, it's out of ego, not talent, and the stories have to be heavily reworked by the staff writers. However, this is Browder's second triumph, after writing "Green Eyed Monster," one of last year's best episodes. Who knew? :smile:

Can't wait for next week now. The whole crew is shrunk down to microscopic size! Sure, it's been done before, but the Farscape crew should find something original to do with it. And again, it looks like they're having fun. I think Farscape's found its stride again.

BTW, if you're interested in Farscape stars, stay tuned for a post I'll be doing in a few minutes about Dragon*Con 2002, which has a LOT of Farscape actors coming!

Take care,

beaker

Reaction score
>>>OK, it was KERMIT!!!

Just kidding. Sorry, couldn't resist<<<

ok, you seriosuly had me...I guess anything possible these days, heh. Ok, so the guest was just a character that had been killed off? Hmm, from the thread I was expecting someone new, heh

JFP

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
was it a skeksis? j/k At least they referenced Dark Crystal on there, hehe.
They referenced Dark Crystal on Farscape?:confused: :confused: :confused:
Please tell me what the reference was.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Originally posted by JFP
They referenced Dark Crystal on Farscape?:confused: :confused: :confused:
Please tell me what the reference was.
I forget which episode it was, but in one of the 3rd season episodes, someone told John an enemy was coming, and he said [this is paraphrased], "All right, who we dealing with? Scarrans? Peacekeepers? Klingons? Skeksis?" Since John is from 20th-century Earth, he can get away with pop-culture references like that (even though no one else ever gets the joke!).

Welcome to the forum. :smile: