Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Didn’t realize that most “regular” Don Music sketches weren’t shown often then while Mystery Guest was the most frequently shown (ironic that Sesame Workshop has not officially released that one on video or online).

Of course it seems he didn’t appear that often. He appeared at least once in season 6, three times in season 7, three times in season 10, I want to say that he started appearing on the street regularly in the late/1980s (but it seems like it wasn’t that regularly).

Would be neat to break down how frequently old sketches with other Richard Hunt characters were used after season 23. I feel like Two-Headed Monster, Gladys the Cow, and Forgetful Jones sketches were shown a lot, not sure about Placedo Flamingo. But I’ve seen that a lot of old Sully segments didn’t air after season 24 (and he never talked), though he continued to show up a little bit in seasons 25 and 26. most segments with Sully shown afterwards had him in the background, I think This is My J would be the most frequent segment repeated. Though I was surprised to see that the alphabet segment aired in an episode after season 25 - a rare segment shown after it had been common for fans to record episodes, and it seems to be one that nobody recorded (that we know of yet).

muppet maniac

Reaction score
The Lefty/Oscar bit reminds me of this thread I made back in 2006(!), asking if Lefty ever interacted with other characters besides Ernie.

And Ziffel's quote:

Now Oscar would be a great prospect for Lefty since he LIKES junk! However, the sketches then would lack a comedic and interesting element. All it would be is:

Lefty: Hey bud, you wanna buy this here thingamajig? It's only a nickel.
Oscar: Hey that looks beautiful. I'll take it. Here you go.
Lefty: And here you are, thanks.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Notable thing about this episode (though I don’t see it mentioned on the actual episode page) is that Mr. Macintosh is referred to by his first name, Mortimer.

I wonder if he was named after Mortimer O’Brien, Chet’s brother.

mariolover

Reaction score
Notable thing about this episode (though I don’t see it mentioned on the actual episode page) is that Mr. Macintosh is referred to by his first name, Mortimer.

I wonder if he was named after Mortimer O’Brien, Chet’s brother.
Strangely, when I pull up this page, there are no images for the street scenes and episode number. But when I click on the history and the latest edit, everything is there.