Uncle Matt: One "L" or Two

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Howdy everyone!

When registering for our new forum, I found myself typing in my user name, and it brought up the old question: Is Uncle Matt's name with one or two "L"s in the Travelling part. I always thought it was two, but my Fraggle books have one. Henson.com has it with two, and the Internet Movie Database has it with two. The dictionary, of course, declares it to be with either one or two. :confused:

So I thought I'd ask everyone: What do you think it should be?

- Billy :cool:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
What do I think?

I think you should just forget about it and have some cookies.

OR, maybe there's something in the closing credits of FR? Was there ever an episode where the name was spelled out?

Frankly, I think what you have will do just fine. It doesn't look wrong to me...

But, what do I know? I'm a stand-up comedian bear...

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Traveling Matt
Is Uncle Matt's name with one or two "L"s in the Travelling part. I always thought it was two, but my Fraggle books have one. Henson.com has it with two, and the Internet Movie Database has it with two. The dictionary, of course, declares it to be with either one or two. :confused:

Well, there's the rub! Gramatically, you'd think it's travelling. And if it was one L, it'd sound like traveeeling! But don't let that discourage you! whatever you think it is is good enough! I've never been good at spelling (I'm not dyslexic, or stupid, not that I'm saying anyone who can't spell is) but it's just one of those things that frustrates people when it comes to English! So wheter it be one L, two, or even eighteen, the message is there! SO go on Matt, Travel your heart out and we don't care if the spelling is good or not!