TV Alert: Sesame Street on Good Morning America September 19

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Then once again I do apologize, as i was young almost 5 years old when Jim died and I didn't understand the whole "death" thing until I was a bit older. Sorry for the confusion.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm really upset I missed this I had every intention to wake up in time but my stupid alarm didn't go off. Guess I'll have to catch clips online. :/ By the way I think I see David Rudman's legs in that picture to the left. Lol

Hubert

Reaction score
This looks/sounds like a great appearance...I have it DVRed, so I should probably be watching it later tonight. Will post my thoughts then.

Yorick

Reaction score
With all due respect to Jerry they've had their time to grieve and while I'm sure they still miss him and always will
Everyone's personal grieving time is different. Some of us hurt longer than others when someone truly amazing has passed. And yes, I'm sure they still miss him too, since it was last month they lost him :cry: and this fan is still feeling the hurt. And he will indeed always be missed.
as the saying goes "the show must go on." You can't just stop because someone past away. Eventually you need to move on.
It's much too early to move on...and I don't know if ones that knew and loved Jerry would put it that way, anyway...but I'm sure they'll strive to do performances he'd be proud of.
That's like saying The Muppets shouldn't have went on after Jim past away.
There may come a day when they simply live on in video, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Even when they stop one day, they will live on, performed by Jim's crew, on video forever...and the performers will live on in our hearts...
I apologize for the confusion, let me try to explain...I'm surprised to see the show continue on despite the lost of Jerry Nelson. I mean I know it's a weekday show, but why not have a moment or two to grieve. :cry:
I appreciate your kind words for Jerry.

These Sesame Muppet characters are on the show acting normal because they don't know any better...only their performers know about this terrible recent news.

But much like the quote one Mickey Mouse voice actor said to another, (something like, "We're all just filling in for Walt") no one can ever replace Jerry. You just listen to that wonderful voice, and the soul he put into his characters, and there's no denying that.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Man I could kick myself for not being up in time for this. Although and this is a minor thing and I don't mean to knit pick but did they really have to use the "M" from the Muppet logo at the beginning? :/

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Everyone's personal grieving time is different. Some of us hurt longer than others when someone truly amazing has passed. And yes, I'm sure they still miss him too, since it was last month they lost him :cry: and this fan is still feeling the hurt. And he will indeed always be missed.
It's much too early to move on...and I don't know if ones that knew and loved Jerry would put it that way, anyway...but I'm sure they'll strive to do performances he'd be proud of.

There may come a day when they simply live on in video, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Even when they stop one day, they will live on, performed by Jim's crew, on video forever...and the performers will live on in our hearts...
That's not really my point and I didn't mean in anyway that they should stop grieving for Jerry a lot of us still are and always will but as someone said they have a show to promote and that doesn't mean just because their still in the mourning process they shouldn't perform. I don't think that's something Jerry would have wanted.