TMS Outline - Bob McGrath

Oscarfan

Reaction score
This is my first attempt at publishing a TMS fanfic (I wrote about a decade ago, they weren't very good). I started this one my senior year of high school (just a couple of years ago) and never finished it until now. Some of the bits from this come from those other ones (like the opening # and the Pigs in Space segment). I couldn't really come up with any S&W comments, so excuse those. I'm also not that knowledgable, music or celebrity-wise, so all of his material comes straight from SST. Otherwise, enjoy!

SEASON STYLE: TWO

COLD OPEN: Scooter hopes Bob can feel at home despite not being on "the street." Chaotic Muppets run all around the room. "That's more like it."

THEME SONG:
Statler and Waldorf are blinded: W – “Fire when ready!”
A balloon comes from Gonzo’s trumpet, lifting him into the air. It pops and he falls with a loud crash.

OPENING NUMBER: “It Never Rains in Southern California” – Whatnots sing on the beach, resulting in a downpour at the end.

BACKSTAGE: The opening number has resulted in putting a leak in the ceiling of the Muppet Theatre. Scooter starts mopping up the puddle, put forgets to put up a sign for it. Fozzie, carrying a bucket to collect the leaks, slips on the floor and ends up with the bucket on his head.

GUEST STAR: Bob sings “I Get a Nice Feeling” (from the Let Your Feelings Show! album) on a city street (from “Mr. Cellophane”).

BACKSTAGE: Scooter has dried the floor, but with the bucket still stuck on Fozzie, he brings in Luncheon Counter Monster, mouth agape, to catch the drips. Kermit calls for the next tap dancers act, which the monster states he has already eaten; the drips are a great way to wash them down.

NEWSFLASH:

“Scientists in the Nevada have revealed an astronomical anomaly that will occur tonight. They say that instead of the sun setting in the west, it will instead set over the Muppet Newsroom… what? Why, that doesn’t make a single lick of- ”

(A large prop sun falls behind him, startling him with a large THUD.)

SONG: Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem perform “Signs” by the Five Man Electrical Band (vocals by Floyd).

U.K SPOT: Uncle Deadly, the Blue Frackle and Mean Mama sing “Happiness Is.”

MUPPET LABS: As Beaker wheels in a large player piano, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew reveals their latest innovation – an entire self-playing jazz band, consisting of piano, saxophone, bass and drums (all with sunglasses). As they begin to play “Alexander’s Ragtime Band”, Beaker begins to “meep” along. His voice sets the instruments wires a-coil and they gang up and violently silence him. A player trombone then plays a “wah-wah” sting.

DRESSING ROOM: Robin visits Bob to talk about singing. Bob then sings “I Make Up Songs” (originally performed by Helen Reddy on SST) to him.

BACKSTAGE: Thog is now in the place of LCM, holding one arm to the top of the frame.

Kermit: “Scooter, why is Thog here? What happened to the other monster?”

Scooter: “Oh, ya’ see, the leak started to get worse, so...”

Kermit: “So you needed a bigger monster to catch more drips?”

Scooter: “No, to plug up the hole.”

He states that the roofing company can fix the roof...in two weeks. Thog doesn’t mind standing there until then, just so long as Kermit can read him a bedtime story each night.

PIGS IN SPACE: Link sends a begrudgingly displeased Piggy to the laundry room to check on his spare uniform in the dryer. While she’s out, the radar blares and signals the arrival of a hitchhiking alien – the Koozbanian Phoob. When he makes his way to the bridge, he quickly evolves into Link. Strangepork can’t decide who’s the real one. Piggy returns and notices the two. When she asks a question only he would know, the two Links start cracking jokes about her. He gives them both a beating.

CLOSING NUMBER: Bob and the Muppets sing “Good Morning Starshine” (same set as the opening, just adjusted to early dawn light).

CURTAIN CALL: Kermit thanks Bob, when Thog comes by to compliment his singing. Because he’s moved, a bucket-full of water dumps on Bob.