1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Tickle Me Elmo 10th Anniversary Edition

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by CoOKiE, Aug 13, 2006.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Rosie O'Donnell has been advertising the TMX on The View for the past couple weeks. They are even auctioning off the first off the assembly line and giving the money to charity.
  2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

But at a ten million dallor price tag?
  3. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

I went to the store to buy some DVDs in the used section and found Myster Science Theatre 3000 the Movie for $59.99. Thinking this was a mistake, maybe it was 5.99 (the movie was made in the early 90s) i had them check it at the register. Sure enough, the tag was right. Even they were shocked.

So, some stores will go anyrate, just as any person will, to sell something. But i think you're not getting the point that, they auction it. If a store were to auction something, it can very well go over its worth. And thats the buyers fault. I can put something for $1 and watch it go up on ebay, only because the buyers are willing to pay that. So in actuality, its not the sellers fault.
  4. wes

wes Active Member

haaaaaaaa! HAaaaaaaaaaaaaa!:p Quick Make sure he's not choking on his vomit, quick put a spoon in his mouth!

oh do you think the old Elmo would be worth anything now or do i need to wait
  5. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Check this out...

Even though my opinions on Elmo are...less than positive...you can't help but smile when you watch this clip I found on YouTube. This kid gets an idea two minutes into the clip...

"Ha ha...ha ha...ohhh!" (Elmo needs an aspirin!)

Now this is what the toy is supposed to be for...not to be hocked for a million dollars on Ebay, but to be enjoyed by kids! (That's what all toys are for!)

Convincing John
  6. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I not saying it's anyone's falut here, I'm just saying that that's rediculious and discussting.:p
  7. Princeton

Princeton Guest

8. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

My nephew opened his gift the other day (my mom bought him the tickle me Elmo). And it was the toy of the party. ALL the adults were playing with him. To think that other adults don't play with toys no longer lingers in my mind.

Ok, so they were drunk too.
  9. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I heard on the news yesturday, that People were Fighting over this Toy. I'm sure that's obvious. But I heard an Insident where hair was being pulled, Wigs were flying, lad tops were being thown into the air, all kinds of things. Somebody started waiving a gun just to get a doll. It got intense.

It should not get to this point where something meant to make people happy should make people this crazy.:eek: :p
  10. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's like the Beanie Babies, everyone was convinced they'd get rich off them. Now, they're practically nothing, the fad died.
  11. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

well about the crazed insident... and no i'm not stickin up for myself as if i was there lol... is because, its a toy, as you have been saying, that children love to play with. Those are parents fighting to make their children happy. Its nuts, yes, but if you had a child that really wanted it, and there was one on the shelf, just as someone was grabbing it.. and you thought to yourself "i can take this guy on"... hey, stuff happens. Alot of people go through alot, just to make their children happy.
  12. heralde

I understand that, Cookie, you don't want to disapoint your child.

I don't want to judge anyone who was there, since I wasn't there. And I hope this doesn't sound rude. But I think sometimes parents should teach their children that they won't always get what they want in life, and for their own safety, walk away! Live to purchase TMX another day! lol
  13. abiraniriba

abiraniriba New Member

I saw the same article

I saw the story in the New York Daily News about the gun, the one who bought the Elmo had the right idea when he gave the doll up, it's not worth losing your life over!
  14. heralde

I think so. Your child may be disapointed for a couple days, but at least they still have a parent!
  15. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I get that people want to do things for there children, but it should never have gotton the the point where somebody have a gun over a toy in the first place and put other peoples lives in danger. I can judge that guy with the gun easily and say keep him away from our soiety befor he hurts someone, and based on his actions. Yes stuff happend's, and their is also consequinces when that stuff hapend's too.:p

I think you can teach your children that they can have and do what they want in life, as long as you work for it and don't hurt or harm antbody for it.
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I wouldn't TOTALLY say it was dead... they're still around. Unfortunately. Though I do want the Spongebob ones.

Anway, if there's any doubt this will live up to the hype of the original... don't bother to ask. If people are killing each other as if they were nike sneakers, they'll no doubt do jus' fine.

Personally, I LOVE the box it comes in... sort of a "Danger! Elmo inside" type metalic breifcase. That cracks me up. Plus, I loved the back-lit shadowy Elmo promo pic. I'd buy a T-shirt of it and wear it often.

but 5 million? You could buy an actual Elmo for less than that!
  17. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

fighting law suits and such to have that happen... yeah i guess u could buy an Elmo for 5 million lol... for 5 million you could have your child visit the set of SS, or have Kevin CLash come to your house to preform for your child.
  18. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

Exactly. Heck, if I had a cool 5 mil to spend, I'd hire Kevin Clash to come to my house, or better yet, come to like, my kids school or something, to perform for all the little kids. It'd be better spent that way, then just one measly (although pretty cool in it's own right) Elmo doll! ;)
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

On the bright side of things, if the toys continue to sell that good, maybe SW will have more money to make more stuff, and not repeat the same crap from the previous seasons that they repeat over and over in anticipation for a new season.

Theoretically, more money= More material.
  20. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

You better get insurance for that thing.