The "Terrible TV Movie Trilogy"

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
There have been some great Muppet films. And then there is the "Terrible TV Movie Trilogy", by which of course I am referring to those abominations Kermit's Swamp Years :sleep:, It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie :confused:, and The Muppets' Wizard of Oz :eek:. I've seen all three of these travesties, though I haven't rewatched any in years, and I hated all three of them with a passion. Among the worst things in the trilogy were:
- The "Jim Henson" scene in KSY with the Henson :jim: mailbox. It makes absolutely no sense and is seemingly only there to serve as an inside joke to remind fans of much better films.
- The entire Swamp Years film retconning The Muppet Movie, despite pretending to serve as a prequel.
- The utter pointlessness of the Statler and Waldorf cameo in KSY, which might have been funny if The Muppet Christmas Carol hadn't already used the exact same joke of the two being young (in the "Fozziwig" scene).
- Kermit screaming his head off about wanting to be dead in IAVMMCM (I'm definitely not spelling out the whole title twice in this thread). Enough said.
- Too much Pepe in both IAVMMCM and Wizard of Oz.
- EVERYTHING about Wizard of Oz, from the abundance of Pepe to the pop-star Dorothy to the awful CGI in the wizard scene to the terribly unfunny "edgy" humor, never mind the scene involving a certain movie director. The entire humor is just bullcrap from start to finish with nothing to redeem it.
As you can see, I hate pretty much everything in these three films. (It would be easier for me to list the things in the trilogy I like: Young Kermit's design in KSY, and the "Are you related to Frank Oz?" line in Wizard of Oz.) So I was wondering... what do you all have to say about these films? Does anybody like them, or are they the worst pieces of Muppet media to ever exist (aside from The Jim Henson Hour of course).