The Story of "The Electric Mayhem"

AAO

Reaction score
Dr. Teeth worked in a nightclub and played his piano for a living. Teeth noticed he should start a band and gigs would get bigger and better. He then met Janice who was a activist in whatever she felt was wrong. Teeth found her playing her guitar and asked if she could really "groove"? She played him a few tunes and she was offered a part in a band he was putting together. Janice and Teeth soon became close and dated. Zoot, Teeth's old highschool buddy, was kicked out of his apartment0 on account of he didn't pay the rent for a whole year! The super also caught Zoot with "possession" and was kicked the streets with the clothes on his back and his sax. Zoot needed a place to stay and Teeth took him in when he found him in a box on the street. Zoot had went mute on account he was living on the streets and didn't want to talk to anyone. Teeth decided to throw Zoot into the mix of the band and thus is slowly began.

AAO

Reaction score
The Story of "The Electric Mayhem" (Part 2)

Janice constantly coming over to Teeth's house and Zoot living there, a rival was beginning. Teeth caught Zoot checking Janice out and threatened him! - An argument began with Teeth and Janice on account that she didn't want Teeth to make her feel "tied down". Zoot and Janice soon got closer and Teeth and Janice were no more. The idea of a band was hopeless. Then, Teeth meet up with old friend Floyd Pepper who had been in jail for holding up a "Piggly Wiggly" - Of course, the store's clerk was a young pig named: "Miss Piggy" who was wanting to be a star. She threatened that she would get Mr. Pepper someday...Floyd, a bass player, and a former truck driver, was asked to be in Teeth's band. Teeth and Zoot never spoke to one another as they rehearsed. Teeth, needing extra money took a bus route as a job - he bought his own personal bus. At the time it was an ordinary bus. We also find out that Teeth lost his tooth in a bar fight years back and the golden tooth was the most expensive thing he owned. Late one night, Floyd was walking home on the streets when he saw a man from the pound chasing down a furry creature. The man began to swat at the creature attempting to catch it. It was no use though, the creature would not sit still. Floyd rescued the creature. It was furry and without clothing. He took it in and named it Animal. Though Animal needed to be trained, he soon became a big part of Floyd's life.

AAO

Reaction score
The Story of "The Electric Mayhem" (Part 3)

Floyd introduced the other members of their "no-name band" to Animal. Janice who was doing over time on guitar and drums was getting tired of doing both. Animal began to beat on the drums during a break and Teeth knew he had found his drumer. Janice and Zoot's love affair was getting more serious than before. There was even talk of marriage! Animal would always get jealous of Zoot and would scream: "WOMAN! WOMAN!" to Janice in a show of affection. Soon it became a habit. Teeth and the others needed a name for their band, but they didn't know what to name it. They were called "The Electric Company", but that had been taken by a kids television show. Then, Teeth's neighbor, Sam the Eagle, walked over one night and told the band to stop all of this "mayhem"! Floyd said, "We can name it The Electric Mayhem, man!" And so they did. The band attempted spots on "The Tonight Show" with Johnny Carson, a gig at "Studio 54", and even the Playboy Mansion, but Animal tended to forget the reason he was there. They needed a manager and hired a boy named Scooter. Teeth's old bus was painted and remodeled as a tour bus. After so many auditions, The Electric Mayhem stayed at an old church on an old road in the middle of nowhere. Later, they met a frog named Kermit and a bear named Fozzie. He was going of to Hollywood to become a movie star. They joined him in his quest and slowly things were being put together. After the stardom began, Kermit started a show called, The Muppet Show starring "The Muppets". Teeth met all the other "weirdos" of the theater and thought the band would fit in. Zoot and Janice's love affair seemed to fade away for Zoot was too into his sax more than the...well y'know... - Floyd would comfort Janice when Zoot would let Janice down. So, in the beginning of the next season it was announced that Janice was leaving Zoot and was moving on to her new true love, Floyd Pepper. Kermit gave the Electric Mayhem a 5 year contract with "The Muppet Show". Floyd also met up with a familiar face, Miss Piggy. The two made amends, though Floyd still made fat jokes about the Pig. The band soon stuck together and didn't let their pasts destroy their friendships. Teeth's old bus was turned into the Electric Mayhem's tour bus whereas they could tour the country during The Muppet Show's off season. The show left the air in the 80's and The Electric Mayhem went on with movie deals with The Muppets. Today, the band are closer than ever. In the 90's they took some time off. Did a few Muppet specials and a few films here and there. But now, the band is re-uniting for the Muppet's 50th Anniversary. Everyone's "Together Again!"

I wrote this story like 2 years ago and I thought I should share it with everyone at Muppet Central.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Cute story!

I was planning to write an epic story about the EM Band one day...but, no time soon.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
wow

This was great. I had thought about doing a big fan fiction story about how the band got togeher, which also would have explained how and why Lips joined the band and would have even given some information that cleared up continuity problems. I guess i could still write it, but not now. later.

:sing:

AAO

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I appreciate it...My favorite part of that story is where Piggy is working at the Piggly Wiggly...such irony. I've wrote a good 20 Muppet Stories and have illustrated them all. Although, I never got anyone to look at them to get published....Cuz the Muppet's are copyrighted under Disney and such...I don't want trouble...LOL..But I can scan all my pics....even the ones from this story ... I can set them up on a picture trail or soemthing...I don't know..hopefully soon :wink:

AAO

Reaction score
Just to know, does anyone want me to post the pictures I drew for the story online here? I think they're okay... :confused: Just post one and tell me if I should or not...thanks!

AAO

Reaction score
If anyone wants pics of the Muppets....hand-drawn...just tell me or PM me and I'll get right to it and draw ya one and email it to ya...personally! :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Sure, feel free to post and share! People here always critique others artwork. :smile:
You can use Deviantart.com or Photobucket.com if you need a place to put your artwork. Deviantart is an art community. Photobucket is just a place to host pictures. Both are good for hosting your art, if you need a place.