The Pedometer Challenge

Hubert

Reaction score
Lately, I've realized that I'm not exercising that much. My diet is pretty good, but I'm just not active enough. And so I was thinking, other MCers are probably struggling with this same problem. And I was also thinking, wouldn't it be fun and worthwhile if we could do some sort of contest to encourage us to be more active? So I am proposing this contest/challenge of some sort, The Pedometer Challenge.

How it would work: Whenever they can, participants wear a pedometer each day, to record how many steps they take. Then, they post their total for the day here. At the end of each week, I'll put up a running total of each participant's daily average of steps that they take, based on what they posted, so we can keep track of who is doing the best and stuff. With the average, members should not need to feel obligated to post their total or use a pedometer everyday, as not posting will not affect their average.

And the other beauty of the average is that you can jump in anytime you wish and not be behind or anything. Just whenever you can or want to, wear a pedometer and throw your total up here. No need to sign up or anything. Just post your total. Who's up for the challenge?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
LOL, out of curiosity, I once wore a pedometer at the hospital where I work. I think it was somewhere around 8 to 12 miles after I clocked out.

Beat that. :stick_out_tongue:

Hubert

Reaction score
Welp...today I didn't get a chance to walk as much as I'd have liked. I ended up with 10,123 steps, which would convert to about 3.3 miles. Not as much as I'd like, but I guess it's better than nothing...

RedPiggy

Reaction score
It's a process. *sings* Put one foot ... in front of ... the other ...

If you live near shops or anything and can do it safely without getting smacked, try walking to them. Many malls are open before the shops are to let people exercise by walking laps around the buildings in an air conditioned environment.

Besides, I thought 10K steps was the goal for fitness folks....