The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
The original version of Ernie's classic "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" can be found on the VHS release- "The Best of Ernie and Bert".
It's also on the VHS and later DVD rerelease of "Sesame Street's 25th. Birthday: A Musical Celebration" (albeit with the intro cut)
And then there's a version that Ernie sang with Shawn Colvin on the 1998 Sesame Street VHS and DVD release- "Elmopalooza".:stick_out_tongue:

Islandersb

Reaction score
Song of the Number 1

I was the "1 Belly Button" boy exposing my navel in this segment shown on Sesame Street. I have searched high and low and have found the falling baker segments for 2 through 10 but have never been able to find my segment in which the baker falls on a wedding cake. If anyone has it please email me directly at Islandersb@aol.com

Thanks,

John

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Islandersb, and welcome to Muppet Central. Fortunately for you, the Song of the Number 1/Falling Baker 1 is amongst the Season 1 segments that will be included in the commemorative 2-disc DVD set to be released tomorrow, Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Days. So if you happen to buy it, you'll find it there along with a veritable gold mine of SST from each and every one of all forty seasons.

Hope this helps and have fun exploring the rest of the forums.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hi Islandersb, and welcome to Muppet Central. Fortunately for you, the Song of the Number 1/Falling Baker 1 is amongst the Season 1 segments that will be included in the commemorative 2-disc DVD set to be released tomorrow, Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Days. So if you happen to buy it, you'll find it there along with a veritable gold mine of SST from each and every one of all forty seasons.
And if you can't wait until tomorrow to see it again, you can watch it for free at sesamestreet.org. It's titled "Baker #1" over there.

It's ironic... Islandersb was in a 1 film, and when he made his post he only had 1 post... And that's the thread of one!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I was the "1 Belly Button" boy exposing my navel in this segment shown on Sesame Street. I have searched high and low and have found the falling baker segments for 2 through 10 but have never been able to find my segment in which the baker falls on a wedding cake. If anyone has it please email me directly at Islandersb@aol.com

Thanks,

John
I am curious if you are John Henson, Jim Henson's son; I watched the video at SesameStreet.org. Welcome to Muppet Central.:smile:

whatevergonzo

Reaction score
I have been looking for a Grover sketch. It is from episode 3975 where Grover is a music conductor. I haven't been able to find it anywhere online.

Islandersb

Reaction score
No I am not Jim's son. My father was Jim's accountant and he asked my dad if I'd like to be included in his TV show. I remember he gave me $20 to appear and my mother made me give it back. Jim bought us all pizza that day instead. He was a very nice man.

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
Hey, After watching the Sesame Street 40 Years DVD it got me to think about another Big Bird Moment where he was at his Nest and was asked to Sell his Famous Picture of Mr. Hooper and I have not see that clip in a long time and I was wondering if any knew where that Clip was online or even if there was such a clip, I would just like to see it again after watching the clip about him coming to terms with Mr. Hooper's death.

warewolf

Reaction score
I remember watching an episode in 1987, I think (but it might have been a repeat) that had Bob showing Elmo how to blow up a raft. It was the first time I remember seeing Elmo, so I'd love to know what episode it was from.

Thanks!