The New Am I The Only One Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Here's one I feel like venting about.

Am I the only one who gets SO annoyed when women give birth to their first child and then they literally SHOVE the fact that they're now mom's down our throats like "OH MAI GAD LOOK AT MY NEW BABY HE/SHE IZ MY EVERYTHING!!!!11111!!!" Blah blah. It's like, we get it, you're proud to be a mom, congrats on the new child, MOVE ON! Especially because it feels like those mom's end up spoiling their kids later on in life.

Even men are guilty of this as well, constantly being like "I'm so proud to be a dad!" Blah blah and this is why I have no intentions of having kids.

I have my own issues in life and I don't need another piece of life coming in being like "Wah, wah! Feed me! Change my diaper! I'm an infant, I'm an infant, I'm special! Wah!"

*Sigh*

Okay, my rant is over.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, but I mean, it's a lot like lovesick teenage girls who won't shut up about their new boyfriends, and often shoehorn them into the conversation just for an excuse to talk about them. Just like this current discussion, they would be like, "Ohmigawd, I hate that too, and my boyfriend has a friend who just had a new baby and he says she's always like that, but then my boyfriend also has a cousin who's getting ready to have a baby and he says blah-blah-blah, oh, and also my boyfriend yada-yada-yada. . . ."

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Facebook perpetuates this. People posting "Look at MY perfect baby! No trouble at all! He's going to be a genius and save the world!"

It's one thing to be proud of your kids when they do well in school, get married, whatever.
But when you parade your kid around like you got a new car, you're full of yourself.
@LittleJerry92 , "Wah! Feed me! Change my diaper! Where's my Binky?!"
You never put your parents through that, did you?

Yes, kids are a huge commitment for the first 18 years of their lives.The way you feel about kids now? Ten years or so from now your feelings might change.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I hear that from everyone, believe me. I'm definitely not convinced that will change, but you are right. Only time will tell.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As far as Facebook goes . . . yes. I see some people out there who literally post like thousands and thousands of pics of their kids a year. . . . Some of them even use pics of their kids as their own profile and cover photos.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
As far as Facebook goes . . . yes. I see some people out there who literally post like thousands and thousands of pics of their kids a year. . . . Some of them even use pics of their kids as their own profile and cover photos.
Heh, my mom uses an old baby picture of my little brother as her profile pic.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The Facebook myth that people like to lead people to believe is "MY kid is perfect, MY kid never acts up or throws tantrums, MY kid never poops his pants, MY kid is going to Harvard on a basketweaving scholarship, MY kid is my best friend!"
What they're trying to promote is "I AM THE PERFECT PARENT!!!"
Nice load of crap if you're willing to believe it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who finds it incredibly annoying when people are just like "meh" or "who cares" when a guy is fat-shamed, but as soon as it's a woman, "OMG SHAME ON U! UR SUCH A PIG!"

I mean, two wrongs don't make a right after all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one who finds it incredibly annoying when people are just like "meh" or "who cares" when a guy is fat-shamed, but as soon as it's a woman, "OMG SHAME ON U! UR SUCH A PIG!"

I mean, two wrongs don't make a right after all.
I'm more bothered by the fact that fat-shaming and skinny-shaming are such a double standard.

Fat-shaming someone is apparently hilarious, because fat people always make great targets for comedy. The earth trembles when they walk, chairs break when they sit down, they can't get through the door, etc.

Skinny-shaming someone is apparently the worst thing you can do and makes you scum of the earth. You don't know what kind of problems they have that make them so skinny. They could have anorexia, they could have bulimia, they could have some kind of illness or disease that prevents them from gaining weight, you should be ashamed of yourself for speaking oll of them!

I mean, yeah? Well, y'know, some people could be fat because of similar problems: they could have a slow metabolism, they could have a bad thyroid, they could have genetic problems, it may run in their family (oh, but nobody runs in their family, they all just waddle, ZING), they could have a larger bone structure. In my case, I don't deny that I'm fat, I've tried everything under the sun you can imagine to try to lose weight for over seventeen years and nothing works, but I have another issue as well: I have a birth defect in my lower back that causes my lower spine to curve inwardly when it's not supposed to (like a woman's spine), so because of that, it pushes my gut forward and makes my belly look even bigger than it actually is. This is why I naturally walk everywhere with my gut sucked in all the time: it's uncomfortable, and it's difficult to keep up for long periods of time, but it at least helps my gut look like it doesn't stick at so far.