"The Muppets" Teaser Trailer in US Theaters

beaker

Reaction score
1. I personally am not a big fan of the poster, but realize it was a necessary poster. Disney isn't messing around, they aren't being cutesy or smarmy(the smurfs posters make me want to vomit as does the trailer) They're saying the Muppets are back, and this isn't some cash-in nostalgic thing either.

2. Pirates 4, even in "3d"(3d sucks for movies post converted)
it was rather lackluster and meandering...but I have to say seeing that teaser was well worth it. It will make believers out of the most pessimistic on here

I have seen almost every muppet movie so far. Including the muppets Wizard of Oz. it was okay, not the best and not the worst. I hope this one will be good. I remember seeing a very old muppets Christmas special where all the characters are in a big house singing Christmas songs. I don't remember what the name of it was, but I do love the muppets and hope this one will be great
Muppet Family Christmas, 1987 ABC Tv special:smile: BEST darn Muppet special and production since the original movies I say. Also try and track down Muppets@ WDW

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
1. I personally am not a big fan of the poster, but realize it was a necessary poster. Disney isn't messing around, they aren't being cutesy or smarmy(the smurfs posters make me want to vomit as does the trailer) They're saying the Muppets are back, and this isn't some cash-in nostalgic thing either.

2. Pirates 4, even in "3d"(3d sucks for movies post converted)
it was rather lackluster and meandering...but I have to say seeing that teaser was well worth it. It will make believers out of the most pessimistic on here

Muppet Family Christmas, 1987 ABC Tv special:smile: BEST darn Muppet special and production since the original movies I say. Also try and track down Muppets@ WDW
Very good to hear. And kinda what I feel about the poster too. My personal preference would be a classic hand-drawn poster.

beaker

Reaction score
Very good to hear. And kinda what I feel about the poster too. My personal preference would be a classic hand-drawn poster.
Oh that would be interesting, they still do that here and there with the Potter films, Indy 4, LOTR. I'm sure Hobbit 1 and 2 will have that.

I'm surprised they never had a teaser last year, with something more vague...like Kermit's art holding up a hand written sign that said "2011". I think they did in fact drop the ball as far as the tradition of having teasers and posters the year prior. I just hope Disney goes full on blitzkrieg with advertising and intense media saturation like they did with Toy Story 3, to the point of nausea. I say open up the floodgates, we been waiting a lifetime for this point.

Anyways, I cant wait til they pop on a nice 1080p teaser on youtube soon, so you guys can freezeframe this baby and see what I mean. Scooter and Thog look to be featured prominently.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm surprised they never had a teaser last year, with something more vague...like Kermit's art holding up a hand written sign that said "2011". I think they did in fact drop the ball as far as the tradition of having teasers and posters the year prior. I just hope Disney goes full on blitzkrieg with advertising and intense media saturation like they did with Toy Story 3, to the point of nausea. I say open up the floodgates, we been waiting a lifetime for this point.
I'm starting to think the teaser didn't even get made until well after Disney's November and December films... and I don't think that any of the movies before that would have been a big unveiling. Prom and Jungle Cats aren't exactly big ticket movies, and Disney put so little stock in... I'm not going to mention it by name again. But they put so little stock in a certain movie, it was a contractual obligation after all, that they probably wouldn't have bothered putting it there either.

As most of us figured, Disney was waiting for the summer movie season to finally take the lid off this thing, and slowly build up from there... I'm sure a standard trailer could come out closer to November... at earliest with Winnie the Pooh, but this is all they needed to announce it now.

Still... when movie trailers usually come out they have them on YT or Yahoo the second they premier.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I just hope Disney goes full on blitzkrieg with advertising and intense media saturation like they did with Toy Story 3, to the point of nausea. I say open up the floodgates, we been waiting a lifetime for this point.
I hope this too....and actully looking as Green Lantern as a reference here is a big summer blockbuster movie with almost no promotion. one trailer in super bowl then almost nothing till april, no toys no tie ins, this is from a company whose only cash cow is batman right now yet they dont want to put the money to promote it. going up against Marvel/Disney's Thor and Capitan america and transformers.

i have faith that by july disney will start putting out the mini merch with his movie even if its just candy and little tid bits

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope this too....and actully looking as Green Lantern as a reference here is a big summer blockbuster movie with almost no promotion. one trailer in super bowl then almost nothing till april, no toys no tie ins, this is from a company whose only cash cow is batman right now yet they dont want to put the money to promote it. going up against Marvel/Disney's Thor and Capitan america and transformers.
I wouldn't exactly say that...

A very movie stylized Green Lantern comic book was given out free on May 7, along with a Green Lantern Heroclix, there are Green Lantern (of all things) Fisher Price kiddy playsets... that specific version of Green Lantern was on a recent Batman Brave and the Bold*, Green Lantern movie collectors statues, there's a DTV animated Green Lantern movie coming out soon, and after the movie, there's a CN CGI Green Lantern series due this fall or so.

Not quite as much stuff as Thor or Captain America... I wonder why there aren't any GL action figures, though... it's strange that there's only the preschooly toys (some come with Superfriends cartoons, actually). And McD's refuses to do PG-13 movie tie-ins for some reason (even then, they had 2 DC comics prizes so far this year... Young Justice and Batman BATB).

* I don't follow GL all that much, but the Guy Gardener Green Lantern WAS a recurring guest. Clearly the movie one is different.

beaker

Reaction score
I'm starting to think the teaser didn't even get made until well after Disney's November and December films... and I don't think that any of the movies before that would have been a big unveiling. Prom and Jungle Cats aren't exactly big ticket movies, and Disney put so little stock in... I'm not going to mention it by name again. But they put so little stock in a certain movie, it was a contractual obligation after all, that they probably wouldn't have bothered putting it there either.

As most of us figured, Disney was waiting for the summer movie season to finally take the lid off this thing, and slowly build up from there... I'm sure a standard trailer could come out closer to November... at earliest with Winnie the Pooh, but this is all they needed to announce it now.

Still... when movie trailers usually come out they have them on YT or Yahoo the second they premier.
Given the goldfish memory of the public, I think you're right. This isn't the same as election year cycle media blitzing.

beaker

Reaction score
I wouldn't exactly say that...

A very movie stylized Green Lantern comic book was given out free on May 7, along with a Green Lantern Heroclix, there are Green Lantern (of all things) Fisher Price kiddy playsets... that specific version of Green Lantern was on a recent Batman Brave and the Bold*, Green Lantern movie collectors statues, there's a DTV animated Green Lantern movie coming out soon, and after the movie, there's a CN CGI Green Lantern series due this fall or so.

Not quite as much stuff as Thor or Captain America... I wonder why there aren't any GL action figures, though... it's strange that there's only the preschooly toys (some come with Superfriends cartoons, actually). And McD's refuses to do PG-13 movie tie-ins for some reason (even then, they had 2 DC comics prizes so far this year... Young Justice and Batman BATB).

* I don't follow GL all that much, but the Guy Gardener Green Lantern WAS a recurring guest. Clearly the movie one is different.
Man I wish MCD would do Muppets toys. I just can't wait for the deluge of stuff.

Aw, I totally forgot about Free Comic Book Day, first time Ive missed it in a decade.

You know, maybe the whole holding back til late may to start promoting was a smart move by Disney. they are the kings of the biz, so they know what they're doing. Also, having the trailer debut before Pirates is way cool demographic wise. I just cant wait to frame x frame analyze the teaser^_^

ilovemusic

Reaction score
The night before last night I dreamt 5 times the trailer was on YouTube...
Last night I couldn't sleep anymore...