The Muppet Show Gets Canceled

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Enjoy this fan fic, which takes place just as The Muppet Show ended.

Chapter 1

The Muppets all got together in an office one day for a meeting.

"Well, gang, it's been a great season", said Kermit.

"Our best yet!", said Scooter, swinging his fist.

"You said it, Scooter", said Rowlf.

"It was successful in being weirder than past seasons", said Sam in disgust, "I'm glad I was only in two episodes this year."

"Anyway", said Kermit, "We're going to take a break from the show but we also need to plan for the future. Any suggestions?"

"Well, Lips here would like some solos", said Dr. Teeth.

"And lines, too!", said Lips.

"I would like for Muppet Sports to be featured more often", said Louis Kazagger.

"Oh, that's right", said Kermit, "You gave the same suggestion last year."

"We also need more chickens", said Gonzo.

Three chickens clucked in agreement.

Just then a studio executive came into the room.

"Good evening, Muppets", said the executive.

"Who's that?", asked Fozzie.

"This is the studio executive", said Kermit.

"Studio executive?", said Fozzie.

"Yes, he's in charge of getting our show on the air", said Pops.

"On the air?", said Fozzie, "But I've never seen any TV cameras or controll rooms or anything associated with television at the theater before."

"Come to think of it", said Beauregard, "Neither have I."

"I've never seen a camera crew, either", said Sweetums, "In fact, I've never seen the restroom, either."

"Well, I have a big, important announcement to make", said the studio executive.

"You're gonna hire more rats?", said Rizzo.

"No!", said the studio executive, "I'm going to announce that I have to cancel The Muppet Show."

Almost everyone looked shocked. The main exception was Beauregard.

"Okay, then", said Bo, casually, "Announce that The Muppet Show is canceled."

"I just did", said the studio executive.

"But why now?", said Sam, "Why not sooner?"

"Because I haven't gotten any big complaints until now", said the studio executive, "I got one too many complaints about The Muppet Show, and two complaints is too many."

"Oh, so those two old guys complained...", said Fozzie.

"Yes, those two old guys complained", said the studio executive, furiosly, "And their names are Statler and Waldorf."

"What a bummer", said Janice.

"You said it", said Floyd.

"Fer sure", said Janice.

"Well", said Kermit, sadly, "Good thing I still have Sesame Street to fall back on."

"And my fame and good looks will help me find more work", said Miss Piggy.

"Yeah!", said Fozzie, "My fame will find me work, too!"

"But what about us Muppets who never made enough appearances to be famous enough?", asked Louis Kazagger.

"He's got a point", said Annie Sue Pig.

"I know, I know", said Bobby Benson.

"Look, everybody", said the studio executive, "The show's canceled, I'll give you all five minutes to pack up and leave."

"I doont leke dis attall", murmered The Swedish Chef.

"Mee mee mee mee", said Beaker, angrily.

"Well, I hope my uncle who owns the theater can find me work", said Scooter.

"What'll we all do?", said a fearful Robin.

"I'm sure things'll turn out fine", said Kermit.

"You weren't kidding when you said it's not easy being green, were you?", asked Robin.

Kermit left the studio, sad, then he heard a voice.

"Hey, Kermin!", said Pepe, "How about putting me on your show, okay?"

"I keep telling you, we're overstaffed as it is", said Kermit, "And besides, our show is now canceled."

"And", added Sam, "We have one too many weirdos!"

"You are a bad counter, okay", said Pepe, "It's one, two, three, four...."

The next day, Statler and Waldorf were in the park, reading a newspaper which had "The Muppet Show Finally Canceled!" as the front page headline.

"Well, the show's finally over", said Statler.

"Too bad we didn't think to complain when the show began", said Waldorf.

"Well, now that we can no longer heckle The Muppet Show", said Statler, "What show shall we heckle now?"

"Well, according to my research there's only two live shows left", said Waldorf, "That's Saturday Night Live and Fridays."

"Fridays?", said Statler, "Is that show still on the air?"

"How should I know?", asked Waldorf, "It's not even friday."

Statler and Waldorf laughed.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 2

So with the show canceled, the Muppets had to go their seperate ways. Some made it into show buisness, but others didn't, though some weren't aware that their new jobs weren't show biz.

"Is this the place looking for pigs?", asked Link Hogthrob to the secretary of a meat market.

"Uh, yes", said the secretary, "I'll call the boss in."

"I saw the ad in your paper looking for pigs, and I figured I am right for the job", said Link.

"Well, you are right for this", said the secretary as she was dialing the phone.

"A handsome pig like me just has to get selected for this", said Link.

"We don't discriminate against the ugly pigs", said the secretary.

"Hmmm", thought Link, "Maybe I should find work somewhere else..."

Just then the boss came in.

"So, we got another pig", said the boss, "How are you?"

"Oh, fine", said Link, "I've got my resume right here..."
"no need for that", said the boss, "Just walk this way."

Link looked at how the boss walked and imitated him.

"So, what kind of job is this?", asked Link, "Am I an actor or model or athlete?"

"All you've got to do is walk in this room", said the boss.

Link walked in, and noticed a room of slaughtered meat.

"Man, this is one really messy studio", said Link, "I sure hope my dressing room is better!"

"Okay, Link", said one of the chefs, "Get in that machine."

"But I haven't even read my lines", said Link.

The chef picked up Link and tossed him into the machine. Link then noticed a bunch of chopping.

"Hmmm", sniffed Link, "Something's cooking. I hope it's tasty."

Link then heard the sounds of injured pigs and chopping, and he finally figured things out.

"Wait a minute...", said Link, "This is a slaughter house! HELP! HELP!"

Link struggled to get out, but then a rope of sausage links fell from above the machine. The Swedish Chef had provided them.

"Clummm dis soosoossooog, Link!", said The Swedish Chef.

"I can't understand a word you're saying", said Link, "But maybe I can climb this thing."

Link climbed out to safey.

"Hey!", shouted a chef, "Pig's escaping!"

Uh-oh", said The Swedish Chef, who threw a banana peel at some of the chefs, makign them slip into the machine. The Swedish Chef and Link made it out safely, until confronted by their boss.

"Mr. Swedish Chef!", said the boss, "You're not supposed to help the pigs!"

"But dis roons my frund", said The Swedish Chef.

"I don't care if you know each other!", said the boss, "You're fired!"

Crazy Harry then popped up.

"Did somebody say FIRED???", laughed Crazy Harry, who set off an explosion, which set the boss on fire. Harry laughed maniacally.

Meanwhile, Sam the Eagle went on-stage at a park theater to give an introduction.

"Thank you for coming to see Shakespeare in the Park", said Sam, "I should be proud to introduce tonight's performance of Romeo and Juliette. I say 'should" because.. Well, just watch it. Ugh"

The curtains raised and what was shown was a production of Romeo and Juliette, only performed by chickens.

"I think I did a good job directing this", said Gonzo.

"I cannot believe this is the only cultural job available to a patriot like me", said Sam, making a facepalm.

The chickens on-stage continued clucking the words from the play.

"This reminds me of senior prom", sniffed Beauregard.

The chickens continued clucking, but then Sweetums, Doglion, and Timmy drove monster trucks through the stage.

"Hey! Stop!", said Gonzo.

The monsters stopped, though Timmy accidently backed up and ran over Gonzo.

"Ooops", said Timmy.

"Oh, you did alright", said a pleaseantly injurred Gonzo, "But the monster truck version of The Taming of the Shrew comes next week."

"I cannot beleive they let Gonzo direct these shows", said an annoyed Sam.

Gonzo then addressed the audience, "If you liked this, then you'll love Romeo and Juliette on Ice, coming this fall to an arena near you!"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 3

Fozzie Bear was headed to audition for the next season of Saturday Night Live.

"Popularity may be waning without Dan Aykroid or Bill Murray or Gilda Radner, but once the ol' Fozzie joins the show, the ratings will fly!", said Fozzie.

Fozzie was stopped by King Ploobis and Scred, picketing against the show, holding "Shame on you, SNL" signs.

"Stop!", said Ploobis, "Don't audition!"

"Yeah", said Scred, "Wait, aren't you Fozzie Bear?"

"Of course I am", said Fozzie, "the one and only, wocka wocka!"

"Well don't audition", said King Ploobis, "We were fired after the first season, but the show remained a success without us!"
"I know", said Fozzie, "You should have joined The Muppet Show".

"We were told we'd get that show canceled, too", said Scred.

"Saturday Night Live has stayed successful for five straight years", said Ploobis, "But now the ratings are dropping, the show finally has a chance of cancelation, and if you join the show..."

"...The ratings might get better and the show won't get canceled!", added Scred.

"How many times must I tell you to stop interrupting me??", said an angry King Ploobis as he strangled Scred.

A door opened and a casting director called Fozzie in.

"Oh, Fozzie Bear, welcome", said the casting director, "Come on in and we'll give you a screen test."

"Okay", said Fozzie, but Ploobis and Scred blocked him as he was about to enter.

"I'll take care of them", said the casting director, who handed them a bomb.

"What's this?", said Ploobis.

"Not again!", said Scred.

The bomb blew the two up, sending them flying into the air, giving Fozzie room to enter the room. The door shut, and Ploobis and Scred fell from the sky.

"Oh, well", said King Ploobis, "Even if he does get the job, I just realised something."

"What's that?", said Scred.

"He's not very funny", said Ploobis.

Meanwhile, Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem entered a recording studio.

"Well, we're finally gonna make it big on our own!", said Dr. Teeth.

"Fer sure!", said Janice, "Like, I'm so excited for us to finally record our own album."

"It'll be very far out!", said Floyd.

"FAR-OUT! FAR-OUT!", yelled Animal.

Bobo the Bear was at the security desk.

"Hey, you're The Electric Mayhem!", said Bobo, "I really liked your performance of Tenderly. So anyway, what are you doing here?"

"What are we doing here?", said Floyd, who couldn't believe they were asked that.

"I asked you first", said Bobo.

"Well, we're here because, uh....", said Zoot, "...Because.... Uh..."

"Like, because we're recording an album today!", said Janice.

"Yerrrrrr", growled Animal, "Album, album, album...."

"Oh, that's right", said Bobo, "Artists record albums here and you are artists."

Bobo checked his list.

"Uh-oh", said Bobo.

"Is there a problem?", said Dr. Teeth.

"Yeah", said Bobo, "You're not on the list."

"What?", said the band.

"Let's see", said Bobo, double-checking, "We have apples, bananas, cinnomin, milk, yogurt, but no Electric Mayhem."

"Are you sure that's the right list?", asked Floyd.

Bobo looked around, and then found another list.

"Oh, wait", said Bobo, "That was the grocery list. Here's my list."

Bobo checked.

"Okay, you're in room 12, have a nice day!"

The Electric Mayhem walked down the hall.

"Maybe I'll be one of them someday", said Bobo.

The recording execs were in room 12, waiting for the Electric Mayhem.

"If they are just one more minute late", said the first recording exec, "I swear on all the studios grammy awards that..."

The Electric Mmayhem then entered.

"Dr. Teeth! Welcome!", said the exec, with a quick change of heart.

"We're ready to lay down some music tracks", said Dr. Teeth.

"Fer sure!", said Janice.

"Well, let's get started", said the second recording exec.

The band went into the booth.

"Well, gang", said Floyd, "Let's play our first instrumental track."

"INSTRUMENTAL! INSTRUMENTAL!", yelled Animal, wildly hitting the drums.

"Okay, start playing... Now!", said the first exec.

The band played a jazzy rock track. Zoot started blurting out one note at a time.

"This reminds me of the opening a little bit", said the first recording exec.

Zoot then played a more lively sax solo. Then Animal started pounding.

"You know", said the second exec, "My brother has the biggest crush on Janice..."

"I know", said the first exec, "It's all you ever talk about when we talk about the Muppets."

"Well", said the second exec, "If you're going to be that way about it, let's talk about Happy Days."

"Oh, no", said the first exec, "Because then all you'll ever talk about is how your sister had such a crush on Chuck Cunningham that she threatened the studio once Chuck was written out of the show."

"Okay", said the second exec, "So what do we talk about?"

Lips then played a rousing but loud trumpet solo, which caused the two recording execs to cover their ears.

"How about we don't talk for a day after this session is over?", said the first exec.

The band then ended their session.

"Okay, good work, band", said the first exec, "My only suggestion is you lose the trumpet player."

Lips gave a disgruntled look on his face at the comment.

"I'm sure he was kidding", said Zoot, "I think."

"Anyway, now let's start one of our singing tracks", said Dr. Teeth.

"Actually, you can't", said the second exec.

"Why not?", asked Floyd.

"You only paid for the one track", said the first exec, "You can record another once you pay for another."

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 4

While the various Muppets were starting new jobs, Kermit was hard at work back on Sesame Street. A crew was setting up production on the street.

"I've always thought that setting up production on a small city street like this was kind of dangerous", said Kermit.

"But it causes a lot of grouchiness", said Oscar, "Which is why I'm still here after all these years, though I do have a demand."

"Hey, Jon!", called Oscar to the director.

"What is it now, Oscar?", said the director.

"I demand a raise!", said Oscar, "I want three piles of trash a week!"

"Three piles?", said the director, "But we're making budget cuts! The letters B and V are threatening to boycott sponssorship, and the number 9 hasn't sponsored us in nine weeks!"

"Well, then I won't work", said Oscar, who went into his trash can and slammed the lid hard.

"Hey, froggy baby!!!!", yelled Grover, running up to Kermit and giving him a slap on the back.

"Hi, Grover", said Kermit.

"Our big scene is going to be done next", said Grover.

"I know", said Kermit, "I think I need to go to Hooper's Store.

Kermit went to Hooper's. Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Bob, and Gordon were already there.

"Well, Kermit, what can I do for you?", asked Mr. Hooper.

"I'll have some fly soup", said Kermit.

"Oh, we're all out of fly soup", said Mr. Hooper.

"But they still have plenty of COOKIES!", said Cookie Monster.

"And there's plenty of birdseed sandwiches and birdseed milkshakes", said Big Bird.

"Yuck", cringed Kermit, "I think I'll go talk to the production crew."

Meanwhile, the director was having problems with some of the other Sesame Street Muppets. The two-headed monster was having an argument, refusing to work with itself.

"You two have to cooperate!", said the director, "Your next bit is about cooperation!"

"Uh, excuse me, mr. director", said Forgetful Jones.

"What is it, Jones?", asked the director, annoyed.

"I forgot my lines", said Forgetful Jones.

"Again?", said the director, "Why did we hire this guy?"

Oscar popped his head out of his trash can.

"Okay, I've decided", said Oscar, "I don't want the raise, just as long as I get the keys to the executive dumpster."

Kermit observed these production problems.

"It's just like the Muppet Theater", said Kermit, "Except I'm not the one dealing with the chaos."

Kermit then let out a sigh.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 5

Later that night (or any night, it doesn't really matter) Fozzie, Scooter, and Rowlf all went to a cafe. They sat at the counter.

"So, how's everyone been?", asked Rowlf.

"Saturday Night Live didn't work out for me", said Fozzie, "I guess they just want unfunny people."

"Turns out my uncle couldn't find me any work", said Scooter, "Maybe I'll ask one of my other uncles."

"I heard that Jimmy Dean was going back on tour, but it turns out it was a lie", said Rowlf.

Everyone sighed.

They all watched the TV in the cafe, which was showing the news.

"Here is a news flash!", said the Newsman, "The network has decided that I, The Newsman, will be kicked off the show. Wait, what?"

And then a football player ran onto the set and literally kicked the Newsman out of the studio.

Kermit then entered the cafe, and quickly noticed that some of his friends were there.

"Hey, it's good to see you", said Kermit, "What's everyone been up to?"

"Well", said Fozzie.

"Uh, maybe Kermit should just read the above paragraph to avoid repetition", interrupted Scooter.

As Kermit looked up at the above paragraph, Floyd and Animal came by.

"The band tried making a solo album", said Floyd, "But we could only afford one track."

"One track, one track", growled Animal.

"Will you please quiet down?", asked Kermit, "I'm trying to read."

"Sorry", said Animal.

Kermit soon got done reading the above paragraph.

"Okay, done"

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew then showed up.

"Beaker and I work for the electric company", said Bunsen, "But it hasn't worked out too well."

Beaker then showed up, all hinged by electricity. Sparks flew out of his hair.

"Mee mee mee mee", said Beaker, fainting.

Lew Zealand showed up.

"I auditioned my fish for Taxi", said Lew Zealand, "But apparenly they wouldn't accept them. Something fishy must be going on there."

Miss Piggy then entered the cafe.

"Moi got hired as the new blonde on Three's Company", said Miss Piggy, "But they wouldn't give me top billing so I quit."

"But you never got top billing on The Muppet Show or in our movie", said Kermit, "Oh, and speaking of that, I just got a residual check for The Muppet Movie. Our movie has made 240 people happy."

"But we Muppets on the other hand don't seem to be doing too well", said Floyd.

Just then Gonzo and Camilla came into the cafe.

"Champaigne for everybody!", said Gonzo, "I have directed another Shakespeare in the Park hit!"

"Oh, congraduations", said Scooter.

Statler and Waldorf were sitting at a table in the cafe. They turned around and saw that the Muppets were there.

"Hey, it's the Muppets!", said Waldorf.

"We miss heckling you", said Statler.

"But weren't we canceled because of your complaining?", asked Fozzie.

"It was a mistake", said Statler.

"We didn't realise there was nothing else worth heckling", said Waldorf.

"What about my Shakespeare in the Park shows?", asked Gonzo.

"Stick to oatmeal impressions", said Statler.

Statler and Waldorf laughed.

"But hey, now that you're all hear...", said Statler.

"But we're not all here", said Kermit, "We're just a small portion of Muppets."

"Anyway", said Statler, "Since those of you who matter are here, why don't you do a performance here right now?"

"It does sound like a good idea", said Lew Zealand.

"I'll put a quarter in the jutebox", said Scooter, "And this jutebox just happens to include an instrumental version of the theme. We can sing the theme in the cafe!"

Scooter put the quarter in and the music started playing.

"We need the rest of the band", said Floyd, "Hey, gang, come over here!"

And then Dr. Teeth, Janice, Zoot, and Lips all showed up from out of nowhere.

"We also need monsters", said Gonzo.

Sweetums, Thog, and the Mutations then showed up from out of nowhere.

And then the Muppets started singing.

"It's time to play the music, it's time to light the lights, it's time to meet the Muppets on the...."

But then the cafe started shaking, and was being lifted off the ground.

"Oh, no!", cried Fozzie.

"Like, what's going on?", asked Janice.

"I think I'm getting sick", said Thog.

Kermit looked outside, and saw that the cafe was being lifted by a giant prawn robot. Pepe was controlling from inside the head of the robot.

"You muffins never wanted me to be a Muffin", said Pepe, "So I'll see to it you never perform again, okay!"

"No, not okay!", said Scooter.

Pepe laughed evil laughter.

"You know, Kermit, you should have let him join us", said Fozzie.

Kermit scrunched his face. And then he slipped out of the cafe and fell to the ground.

"Oh boy, okay", said Pepe, "Should I drop this cafe on you, or should I stomp this robots foot on you, okay?"

RedPiggy

Reaction score
LOL

This is actually pretty good. I can see everyone reacting much the same way. Though, one wonders why a theater can't just put on plays. Why didn't JP pull something off? He OWNS the Theater, right? Anyway, this is cool.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
LOL

This is actually pretty good. I can see everyone reacting much the same way. Though, one wonders why a theater can't just put on plays. Why didn't JP pull something off? He OWNS the Theater, right? Anyway, this is cool.
I thought about that a little bit. But of course, by that logic one must wonder why Kermit didn't try to get his Muppet Show friends jobs on Sesame Street.

But there's just one more chapter to go. Maybe it'll make sense once the ending is posted.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 6

Pepe lifted the foot of the robot, and aimed at stomping on Kermit. But Kermit had enough time to run away.

"Even with four arms it's hard to controll the whole thing, okay", said Pepe.

Pepe pressed a button and the cafe fell.

"Oops, wrong button", said Pepe.

"Let's run out while we still can!", said Fozzie.

But then the robot kicked the cafe into the air.

"I was supposed to stomp on that cafe, okay!", said an annoyed Pepe, who promptly pressed another button... Another wrong button, which opened a trap door underneath his seat and caused him to fall out of the robot.

After falling he came across Bean Bunny.

"That robot's not cute enough", said Bean.

"Go away, you stupid bunny", said Pepe.

"Stupid bunny?", questioned Bean, "I bet I'll be a Muppet before you ever do!"

"Oh, you're on, okay, you're on!", remarked Pepe. Meanwhile, the cafe was still flying in the air but was about to make a landing.

"Why didn't I think of this act at the Muppet Theater?", asked Gonzo.

"The cafe wouldn't have fit", said Zoot.

Kermit was still running but ran into a tree, which caused him to walk backwards in a daze. Then he came to, but as he came to, the cafe fell right on Kermit, crushing him.

But then he woke up at a movie set.

"Wake up, Kermit, wake up", said Fozzie.

"Wha... What happened?", said Kermit.

"I karate chopped you a bit too much harder than usual", said Miss Piggy, "Next time I'll chop you shofter."

"Oh, what a relief", said Kermit, "I had this strange dream that our show was canceled..."

"But we weren't canceled", said Scooter.

"We all mutually agreed to end it while it was still popular", said Pops.

"Well", said Kermit, "In my dream we not only were canceled, but we all had to go our seperate ways."

"But, like", said janice, "We may not have a show for awhile, but we don't have to go our seperate ways, fer sure."

"Yeah", said Floyd, "We can still work together on the occasional movie and television projects."

"Of course we can", said Dr. Teeth.

"And speaking of movie projects", said Gonzo, "It's time to start filming the first scene of our new movie, The Great Muppet Caper."

"Oh, yeah", said Kermit, "Let's get things started!"

"Yeah!", said the others, getting ready.

"I'm so excited", said Rizzo.

"Me, too!", said Bunsen.

"Mee mee", said Beaker.

"Fifteen seconds 'till filming!", said Scooter.

"Uh, Scooter", said Kermit, "This movie isn't live. We can take as much time as we want until we start."

"Then why don't you take all the time in the world before starting?", said Statler.

Statler and Waldorf laughed. Kermit scrunched his face.

Pepe then showed up.

"Hey, Kermin! Kermin!"

"Oh, it's you again", said kermit.

"Si", said Pepe, "I was thinking, the show may be over for now, but can I be in your new movie, okay?"

"We already have a full cast and we're overbudget on extras", said Kermit, "But maybe someday if we get a new series you can join us."

The Muppets all left to work on their new movie.

"Hmmm", thought Pepe, "Maybe they'll hire me if I got a sidekick of some sort. I can team-up with a fool and once I've earned my place in the Muffins world, I can ditch my comedy partner, okay!"

The End..... Sort of

Statler and Waldorf had been reading this fan fic....

"That was terrible!", said Waldorf.

"It's the worst Muppet Central fan fic I've ever seen!", said Statler.

"And the worst one from this writer", said Waldorf.

"I can't believe Pepe, Bobo, and Bean Bunny had to be in a story set in 1981", said Statler.

"This provides too much fan service, and it's not even worthy of a Boom comic!", said Waldorf.

"Or even a Marvel comic", said Statler.

"What's a marvel comic?", said Waldorf.

Now it's the end!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Now it's time for some behind-the-scenes information on this!

I thought up this idea on friday night, a day before I started this. I initially wanted to call it "The Muppets Get Canceled", but was unsure as to whether it should take place when The Muppet Show (which, in reality, wasn't canceled) ended, when The Jim Henson Hour was canceled, when Muppets Tonight was canceled, or if it should have just involved a ficticious Muppet series getting canceled. I think I made the right choice. But if it were a ficticious modern-day Muppet show getting canceled, I would have had Pepe and Clifford as part of the main gang, and obviously Pepe wouldn't have been a pest who goes from wanting to be a Muppet to becoming a villian for beign rejected.

I wanted to put in another Pepe scene or two, before he became a villian, but couldn't really think of good enough ways to keep including him. I feel all scenes with him wanting to be a Muppet needed to include Kermit, and I didn't think the Sesame Street sequence would have been right to show Pepe getting rejected.

I wanted to include a "before he joined the Muppets" cameo by Clifford, but couldn't think of a good way to incorporate him. The only way I could have thought of would have been if he worked in the recording studio when The Electric Mayhem recorded their music. And yet I didn't think it would seem right for Clifford to go from recording music to becoming a musician.

Pretty much all the big scenes I thought of were included, but I did temporarily think of writing a sequence showing Miss Piggy on the set of Three's Company. But I couldn't really think of what to write for such a scene, so it had to just be mentioned. After writing chapter 5 I should have referenced the lack of such a scene. I should have had a scene like this...

"I joined the cast of Three's Company, but they wouldn't give moi top billing", said Miss Piggy.

"I don't remember that happening in the story", said Rowlf.

"Well, that's because somebody ate that chapter", said Piggy, turning to Animal.

Animal turned his face away in embarrassment.
If I had thought to do that, I would have deliberately skipped a chapter number.

For the cafe scenes, I had initially thought of having it take place in a bar. But I think one of the forum rules for fan fics is to not have the characters do things they wouldn't do, and I'm not sure if so many Muppets would have hung out in a bar (maybe if it was one of the 2002-2008 productions, which seemed to make the Muppets a little more adult), so I changed it to a cafe.

I had also considered having Rizzo appear at the cafe with Fozzie, Scooter, and Rowlf at the beginning of the scene. I wasn't going to give him much (if any) dialogue there, so I guess it doesn't matter much anyway (then again, you could say that Rizzo was there, even though he wasn't mentioned). I also considered havign Gladys be a server at the cafe. Since Gladys was only around for the third season, I was going to have it be said that she got the job after she stopped working in the canteen, before the show got canceled.

For the Sesame Street scene, I was going to include cameos by Ernie, Bert, Telly, Dr. Nobel Price, and Bruno. I debated over whether Bruno would have been carrying Oscar's can while Oscar argued with the director, or if Oscar was in his usual spot, but I felt it worked better to have Oscar in his usual area, since he slammed his lid. When Bruno carries the trash can, the lid just hangs there, so the slamming wouldn't have worked as well (though Oscar is capable of puling that lid shut and opened, as seen in The Sesame Street Special).

I'll post a few more thoughts on this fan fic later.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
For the Sesame Street scene, I was going to include cameos by Ernie, Bert, Telly, Dr. Nobel Price, and Bruno.
I now remember that I had also intended on giving Elmo a cameo, merely saying "Hello" to Kermit. And I considered having Big Bird ask the director to let Mr. Snuffleupagus have a scene, only for the director to get annoyed due to Snuffy's "imaginary" status. But I thought it might seem odd, since this shows Sesame Street as being a real street and a show (being shot on the street) and Snuffy would have been seen on the show.

If this were an actual special, there would have probably been a scene showing what Miss Piggy would do with the show canceled, but I couldn't really think of what to do in such a scene (the same goes for Scooter and Rowlf, so I only had them briefly mention what they tried doing). If this was a real special it'd more likely have scenes for Miss Piggy (and maybe Rowlf and Scooter) than it would for Link Hogthrob. Actually, the Link/Swedish Chef scene might be the most pointless one here. Out of all the characters who get their own scenes, they are the only ones who don't show up at the cafe later, and Link wouldn't be seen after Kermit wakes up (since he wasn't in The Great Muppet Caper).

Still, the idea of Link escaping from a pork factory (or The Swedish Chef rescuing Link from a slaughter house) would make a good video game level (Virtural Bart had such a level). So would a level involving the Muppets battling a giant robot.

I thought about having Pepe be more clumsy controlling his robot. Having four arms, it should be easy for Pepe to controll a large robot from inside, but it's a prawn robot so it had to have four arms.

After finishing chapter 5, I felt I should have had Bunsen mention that he and Beaker were involved with building Pepe's robot, unaware of Pepe's intention to use it for evil. Afterwards I considered having a scene where Dr. Strangepork mentioned that he helped build it, but ultimately didn't (seems that outside of Pigs in Space Dr. Strangepork rarely invented anything or acted like a scientist).

I realise that in a dream that one would normally wake up right as one is about to get injurred (though I feel I've had dreams where I got "hurt"). So Kermit should have woke up when he slipped out of the cafe. But I wanted to add a little bit more suspense (I also thought about having Fozzie comment "I guess this isn't a dream").

If this was a movie, it would most likely have a bit more plot focus beyond "The Muppet Show gets canceled so the Muppets go their seperate ways and have their own scenes". This story mainly revolves around Kermit (it's his dream), Pepe (for wanting to join the Muppets), Statler and Waldorf (since they caused the show to get canceled), with the others getting their own scenes and then pretty much being there just to be there. As I said earlier, I couldn't think of much for Miss Piggy to do (in real life she most likely would have done more), and the main characters who don't really contribute to the "plot" seem to be Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, and The Electric Mayhem.

If the Muppets were to get a new series, I could see it using a format like this fan fic, being comprised of several short segments tied to a theme but usually taking place away from the "Muppets do a show" format.