The Muppet Show cast on Sesame Street (Script in progress)

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, welcome Eric! Glad you could join our forum. Now, since you're new here, I am wondering if you would be willing to sign this petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/s2w3e/petition.html

And also, I see that you are from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. And I am just curious about one thing: Have you ever met Britney Spears?? (She's from that area.)

Eric1701

Reaction score
Hello Ssetta!

I am so happy to have recieved your reply and welcome! I am long time fan of the Muppets. I gladly signed the petition because I would catch Unpaved a few times and when they had a bit I remember I would stop and watch, especially with Bert and Ernie or Kermit.

Speaking of Unpaved, did you happen to see on Noggin the show where they were showing behind the scenes shots of Sesame Street? I wish I had recorded it was very interesting.

Have a great evening!

Eric

C is for cookie.........

Eric1701

Reaction score
Oops, I forgot,

I have never met Britney Spears, she is from a little town called Kentwood Louisiana about an hour or so east from here.

I remember seeing clips of when she sang when she was younger and she had phenominal voice, but from what I seen lately, her voice has been made to sound very electronic with over dubs and effects. They need to turn all of that off and let her sing. Has she ever done Sesame Street?

Eric

.......its good enough for me...........

ssetta

Reaction score
Her voice is electronic! No wonder why it sounds so bad sometimes! And also, I actually suggested to the people at Sesame Street that she should be on the show, along with all their other guests. But they said, "No way!" I guess she just isn't the type of person they want on the show. But maybe, if they can't get the real star, they don't really do this anymore, but what they would do was they would have a muppet that looked like Britney Spears, like they have done in the past with other rock parodies.

And also, thanks so much for signing my petition!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
nono, britney performs on sesame street, then oscar says "That performance was as fake as your t--s!!!"....well, no, they can't say that.

ssetta

Reaction score
It's funny that you mentioned Oscar. I don't know if any of you have seen Christina Aguilera recently, but she actually looks Dirrty! You oughta see her! She lives in a trash can! And we were even comparing her and Oscar. Someone said that Oscar looks better than Christina does! WOW! I think she could appear on the show and do some grouchy thing, or grouch performance, and Oscar would love it, and say something like, "You know, you got the likes of a first-rate grouch diva!"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see where you're going with this. Wait a minute! ssetta's on to something!
Here's an idea I've been mulling in my head for a while. Though I couldn't come up with a suitable animal for the spoof, how's about you try this one on for size?

Britany Spheres: with mild orange-reddish skin, golden brown hair, and a small light pink nose.
Songs to Perform
"Hit Me Circle, One More Time."
"Oops, I Divided Again."
"I'm a Poly-gon."

The Count.

ssetta

Reaction score
Very funny! That may be a little too advanced for Sesame Street, but if Square One TV were still in progress, that would be great! Another idea I had for a muppet parody would be a cover of "Wet Paint" by How Now Brown and The Moo Wave, and she would be called "Britney Smears". I would picture a muppet look-alike of her with purple skin, but it sounds very similar to yours! I think that's when they would do muppet parodies, if they couldn't get the real celebrities!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Britney puppet - Long dirty blonde hair, purple, no nose, humongus t--s, tight plastic suit, fake voice