The Muppet Movie Special Edition Wishlist

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I hope that someday The Muppet Holding Comany will create a special edition DVD of The Muppet Movie. I know it's a little late for them to create anything for the 25th annivsary of the film (which is this year). But they still can give a great DVD treatment for a great movie such as this anytime. I was thinking what I would like to see on a SE DVD. I don't know what type of footage still exsits being the film is 25 years old (such as bloopers, deleted scenes, ect.) But I have come up with a list of things I would love to see on a special edtion release. If you have any ideas, suggestion, or comments please add them. (Please think practically TMHC is not going to spend millions of dollars to put togeather content for this DVD)

My ideas for a 2 disk special edition DVD:

Disk 1
  • The Muppet Movie (Wide Screen format)
  • Feature length Audio Commentary #1: with Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, and Piggy
  • Feature length Audio Commentary #2: with Jim Frawley, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Dave Goezl and Paul Williams
  • Muppet Movie Trivia: Fun facts about the move and the Muppets that pop up on the screen during the movie.
  • Muppet Movie Music Sing-along: Plays only the songs from the movie with lyrics on screen.
  • Subtitles : English, French, Spanish
  • Audio : English 5.1 (Dolby Digital), English 2-Channel (Dolby Surround), Spanish, French
  • Scene Selection
  • Interactive menus
Disk 2
  • “Behind The Muppet Movie” : An all new hour-and-a half documentary on The Muppet Movie. It is filled with interviews (old and new) from cast and crew members, composers, puppeteers, cameo guests, celebrity Muppet fans, and the Muppets themselves. Includes an inside look on how the movie was made, with all kinds of behind the scenes information. Plus looks at how the film has affected movie making today, and the success of the Muppets.
  • The Muppets Go Hollywood : In this 1979 TV special, Kermit and all the other Muppets throw the Hollywood party of the century with their celebrity friends in celebration of the premiere of The Muppet Movie. Featuring the stars of The Muppet Movie, plus many special surprise guests this features many memorable Muppet moments as the Muppets prepare to show their new movie.
  • Jim Frawley’s Camera Tests (with optional commentary by Jim Frawley): The original test footage with Kermt, Fozzie, Piggy, Sweetums, and some cows. These tested how the camera arngles would work outside, in cars, and showcase some very funny classic Muppet conversations.
    [*]Original Theatrical Trailers and Promos
    [*]Behind the Scenes Photo Gallary:
    A gallery of behind the scenes pictures from the making of the Muppet Movie.
  • Promotional Photo Reel : Look at posters and publicity shots for The Muppet Movie.
    [*]Interactive menus

rexcrk

Reaction score
I think that a Muppet Movie Special Edition (with all those special features that were mentioned) would be sooo totally awesome! But I doubt we'll ever see it :rolleyes: :frown:

baby sinclair

Reaction score
Yes, disney whats the hold up its been quite a while since you've purchased the muppets and all i've seen is a bunch of stupid pizza commercials.Get the led out i aint gettin any younger over here.I want classic muppet stuff put on dvd pronto and if you're scared your gonna make a big financial mistake all i can say is your a little too late for that event because for the past 10 years you've screwed up big time. :grouchy:

WiGgY

Reaction score
First off it was the Henson Company that did those Pizza Hut commercials. Secondl, it hasn't even been a whole year. Have you any idea the kind of work it takes to do this? Third of all, DO NOT make a thread like this with this kind of title. I saw it and thought there actually WAS a special edition. Next time, ask it as a question or say IN THE TITLE that this is what you WANT.

Freaking non-sense getting your hopes up like this and planing a special edition that will never happen the way you want it.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Freaking non-sense getting your hopes up like this and planing a special edition that will never happen the way you want it.
It's still fun, even if it never gets made. I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm just having fun and dreaming. :smile:

AnimalRocks

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
Third of all, DO NOT make a thread like this with this kind of title. I saw it and thought there actually WAS a special edition. Next time, ask it as a question or say IN THE TITLE that this is what you WANT.

that was dissappointing!

christyb

Reaction score
Great idea. So instead of dreamin' anyone know how to knock sense into disney's head and release this?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
christyb said:
anyone know how to knock sense into disney's head and release this?
E-mail, call, write letters, or show up at their office.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Have you ever seen "The Muppets Go Hollywood"? It is alright but I don't wanna say it is really great. Do something better maybe.:smile: