1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Major League Baseball Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hubert, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Awesome that someone from your town got to the majors...that's always a neat thing to see.
  2. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Melky Cabrera got a fifty-game suspension today for violating the baseball drug policy, which is going to hurt the Giants a lot because there are 45 games left in the season. Oops! There goes the playoffs.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yep...that's going to definitely hurt their chances a good bit.

At least Cutch has less batting title competition...(yeah, I'm way too big of a Pirates fan).
  4. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

*walks in, looks around*
    GO REDLEGS!!!
    *leaves before the Cards fans beat me up*

Daniel
    Bannanasketch likes this.
  5. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

You're worried about Cards fans beating you up?

Try the fans of the second place Pirates...

*runs after Daniel with pitchfork*
  6. Teheheman

Meh, Pirates aren't that bad. I'd like to see em have a winning season for once........not at the expense of my Reds, but still

Daniel
  7. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

This year's the year. We're doin' it this year. LET'S GO BUCS!

Anyway, it appears King Felix has himself a perfect game.
  8. charlietheowl

Congrats to King Felix!
  9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I just thought of something: wouldn't it be awesome, if there was enough of interest, if next season we could put together an MC fantasy baseball league?
  10. charlietheowl

I'd be interested.

EDIT: Hubert, did you see that Alfonso Soriano said today that even though he passed waivers he still doesn't want to go to the Giants? Looks like they may have to rely on Xavier Nady and putting Marco Scutaro in the outfield (!!!!) to replace Melky Cabrera.
  11. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Yes, we Cincinnatians do love our Reds! WORLD SERIES THIS YEAR (I hope).
  12. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Hm...looks like the Giants are in trouble, then.
  13. Teheheman

If we had enough people, then yeah, I'm game.

Daniel
  14. Teheheman

Good luck with that, 7 games out right now, but let's not forget about that 2nd Wild Card. They MIGHT have a shot at that.
    Anyways, Congrats King Felix, it seems like a LOT of people are getting no-hitters/perfect games lately, or is it just me?

Daniel
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Hey, we just got a win today...we're still well in this thing. We have a serious with the Cards, so maybe we can push them out of our way...

It isn't just you. In fact, I think I saw Buster Olney talking about that today...he feels that the reasoning is that pitchers seem to be developing a wide array of unique pitches, resulting in more no nos than usual.
  16. Teheheman

Yeah but we gotta series with the Cubs, and don't forget about the big series that the Reds have with the Pirates at the end of the year.

Daniel
  17. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Don't underestimate the Cubs...I went in optimistic in our serieses with the Cubs, and they kinda did great...
  18. charlietheowl

The Cubs! If your team is afraid of the Cubs, then something has gone terribly awry.
  19. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

*jumps up and down*

YES! YES! YES! EL TORO STRIKES AGAIN! PEDRO ALVAREZ!

After this half inning, we'll need three outs to cap off our 19 inning win. :) Yaay!
  20. charlietheowl

Congratulations on a big win. Hope they don't have to play tomorrow.